cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB OS 6

Journeyman

BB OS 6

When will BB OS 6 be available for the BB Bold 9650 to download?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: BB OS 6

I see the question posed to Sprint, but I don't see their answer.  I'm trying to find out the same thing: When will OS 6 be released for the Blod 9650?  Did Sprint ever provide an answer?

Journeyman

Hey Sprint,

Did you see this question posted over two weeks ago?  If you don't know the answer or don't plan on releasing it could you please post what you do know? It's kind of pathetic that this quesiton has gone unanswered for this long.

Journeyman

I wouldn't jump on Sprint alone for this.  RIM is as much at fault for the delay as anybody else.  RIM seeds the OS code out to carriers, who in their turn tweak it, test it, tweak it more, test again...  You follow?  Yes? No? Maybe?  The process of it all has been known to be excruciatingly painful, and by that, I mean it can be a long wait.  Take the Nextel OS 5 case. for instance.  OS 5 was announced in late '09, but phones didn't ship with it until March '10.  Certain older models would get the upgrade as well, and when it was announced that the 8350i was on the list, Nextel users lit up these and other boards just drooling over it.  But when regional operator SouthernLINC got the update first, the same users either complained or took up the brazen task of modding the SouthernLINC OS 5 package to suit their devices.  Those who chose to mod often got into trouble with bugs.  They who whined did so for 6 months or more--and I was briefly among them.  When the upgrade  pushed out in September. it seemed as though time stopped for that moment. All was right with these Nextel geeks...but then bug reports came in.

You'll get folks like me for whom a random glitch or two as still annoying even after all that development time and treating the phone just so; and you'll get some for whom nothing works right.  Some see nothing at all, using their device after the upgrade exactly as before; and more will fall anyplace in between the good and the bad of it all.

Guess all I can ask of you is to have patience.  Should RiIM and Sprint decide that the Tour is both ready for OS6 and still supported, you'll get your upgrade.

--Nate

Journeyman

Nobody's jumping on Sprint for not releasing the update. I'm getting irritated that they won't anwer a question.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat