ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

Journeyman

I'm getting tired of both RIM and Sprint.  I use my phone mostly for email and calls, with a fair amount of internet use, and I need to be able to use the phone overseas, so I've been willing to remain patient with my Sprint Tour.  But looking at all the other stuff out there - Verizon's Motorola Pro, and an assortment of other GSM Android and Windows phones that offer the same benefits - this ever later and later to the game stuff is becoming REALLY annoying.  The only thing that has me holding on right now is the 9930, and if Sprint doesn't get it this summer I'll switch carriers.  I've had enough.

Journeyman

I think we have a good idea that Sprint will more than likely be launching the bold 9930 this year from some of the threads I have read attached. What I be interested in seeing is; will the bold carry the 4G technology and capabilities Sprint has to offer? I mean, think about it what's the point if it will not run on the latest network. To top it off the consumer's will have to pay extra $10 monthly fee after they get the phone anyway, I hope the consumer's can expect to get better service for that fee as well. The blackberry phone has been classified for many as a "business" phone, we need to see Sprint and RIM come together and make their mark with the Blackbeery phones and push "performance" where it needs to be otherwise the Blackberry fans community "will" begin to switch to Android by 2012.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm hoping it's well before summer is over! Late June or July I can see, but Aug Sept is not acceptable! The other phone I have my eye on is the Nexus S  Google by Samsung. Hopefully they'll tell us soon when the phone might be coming, but don't start that 'Comng soon' stuff with no actual date! 

Journeyman

This all sounds like Sprint is the culprate here, but they're just the carrier, they have to get and test the device (which i'm sure they have or are doing) RIM is the one at fault here, it's THERE delay(why? no reason given) But RIM did say in there press release re: Bold 9900/9930 "COMING THIS SUMMER"...so by the end of June/early July there's no word or some kind of info forthcoming from 1st RIM then Sprint, they might be delaying the release until mid-August or later. But again, let's all be optimistic and hope for word this month oh, and PS: the Bold 9930 will NOT be 4G, sorry. while it does have a dual band CDMA/GSM, only the GSM part has HSPA+ (well 3.5G actually). But since Sprint hasnt yet launched 4G fully in the US, it isnt such a huge deal IMO. I mean, hey 1.2Ghz processor is pretty damn fast...it's faster than Evo4G (if of course BOTH devices where in only 3G territory)

Journeyman

Thursday I called into Sprint and had a lenghty conversation with a very knowledgable CSR who told me not too long ago he and his office manager spoke to Sprint's RIM rep and told the RIM rep that Sprint had gotten many calls from BlackBerry users looking to upgrade to the Bold 9930 and wanted a better timeframe than "Beginning This Summer" the RIM rep told them that RIM had hoped to have the Bold 9930 out sooner, but RIM at the last minute changed OS 6.1 evolution to OS 7 (which they deemed the OS was more adavnced to just carry OS 6.1) which caused some delays. The Sprint CSR said that Sprint is trying to get the Bold 9930 out at the earliest, but doubtful end of June, to more likely mid-July timeframe. Also yesterday crackberry.com leaked a SKU list for upcoming Sprint devices that clearly shows RIM BB 9930 BOLD(montana) sku# SP9930 RIM date:08/21/11. IMO this may be an older SKU list it does include Bold 9930's RIM codname "montana". So, I dunno? I hoping like heck the Sprint CSR's prediction is right, but at least we all know beyound a shadow of a doubt that Sprint will indeed be carrying the BlackBerry Bold 9930 this summer.

Journeyman

Well the latest that I am reading shows that the phone has been pushed back until September.I still don't have enough information to confirm that this phone is coming to Sprint and not Verizon alone. . .but we shall see.  I am indeed hoping that it does come to Sprint and I will trade my current Bold 9650 for it. . .but there are no guarantees. I haven't seen anything official outside of the fact that T-Mobile has confirmed it.

Journeyman

BB Touch Bold.....WOW....I may be excited again but won't get too excited as Sprint really disappointed me in not getting the BB Torch.  I am a BB fan and have had no other phone but always wanted to have the touch screen experience like I had with the palm centro before i got the BB.  Love it but the BB is everything I need but no touch screen experience.  When the Torch came out, Sprint wasn't going to get it but yet they were trying to get me to turn to the Style.  NOT.  I am not a flip phone fan at all. 

Now that I am hearing the new that the Touch Bold is coming to sprint (yes, a little late on the news), I am hoping to not be disappointed.  Granted, at least sprint said they are going to carry it but then again, Sprint is known to disappoint too.  So, SPRINT stick with it and get the Touch Bold out to us.  NO MORE DISAPPOINTMENTS.  It is time for the BB to be upgraded already.

Journeyman

Why do we have to do our own detective work chasing after a so-called "consumer" products company (to whom we have already shown some foolish loyalty)  to see whether or not they plan to release a device in which we're interested?  It's so backwards! Will they disappoint us again?  Or will they come through?  Can they tell us? Does anyone know?  Will it be postponed?  Will it happen at all?  Nobody will tell us.  It's utterly pathetic.

Journeyman

I agree, I'd have loved to seen on BlackBerry.com shortly after the Bold 9900/9930 announcment having a relase date, like "Coming worldwide June 28th-July 18th". At least then, we'd know some specific dates, but the whole "Available worldwide beginning this summer" is VERY vauge to say the least. I myself like everyone here would love to hear from Sprint soon on an actual Bold 9930 release date, but while I know any of info I do post here is not in anyway official, and I've stated that everytime I do post. I'm just trying to cull some kind of info about when Sprint is releasing the Bold 9930, and I'm very happy when I see other posters sending along what they've heard. Today I seen a short commerical for Vodafone UK and a lady was showing off the Bold 9900 (GSM device, Sprint's will be CDMA 9930) , so with any luck, the release shouldn't be that far off. Like you all, I can't wait to FINALLY own the Bold 9930.

Journeyman

I have been waitin gon this news, and I have been a sprint customer for a long time and alwys feels lik ewe get the short end of the stick. It is about time to give us the good BB )

Journeyman

From the videos and 1st hand accounts of people who've actually took it for a test drive, they said this is by far the best ever BlackBerry device they've seen from RIM. Some even who have iphone 4 said they'd switch to the Bold 9930. Like i've said many times earlier, once RIM & Sprint get this device out and in customer's hands, it will be BlackBerry's premier flagship device for 2011. And again, BlackBerry's IMO, are covated for those of us who really don't like the full touchscreen experiance. The Bold 9930 will have the best qwerty full size keyboard RIM has ever made. I'm sure once we've held this puppy in our hands and used it for 5 mins, we'll agree with those who've already demo'd it.

Journeyman

go to crackberry.com and scroll down to Sprint Bold 9930 coming in August...it shows a leaked Sprint SKU list which clearly shows BB BOLD 9930 (montana) and a date of 08/21/11. Hopefully Sprint will push the date up to mid-July like the Sprint call center CSR told me they were doing. But YES Sprint is definatly getting the Bold 9930 as well as the BB Torch 9850 (codename "monaco") the full touchscreen BlackBerry, NOT the At&t Torch

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat