ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

@Lefty: I have a feeling that they will push this phone sooner rather than later. With the Bold 9900/9930 being BlackBerry's premier world phone, it will most likely release on all carriers and as a Crackberry fan, you know that Verizon is releasing a new data tier package (July 7), along with ATT discontinuing the Bold 9700 sales awhile back. This coupled with the recent leak of the roadmap for Sprint which has them releasing the Epic 2 (mid-July), Bold 9930 (?) and a new full touch 4g little green robot (?), makes me think that sometime in mid July this phone will be released. This is just a gut feeling and I don't have any substantial evidence to prove this. It's def. just speculation on my part, but I can dream right?

Journeyman

Do a bit more research. RIM pushed the release date back to September. And they said its coming to most major carriers. When I asked Sprint, they didn't confirm nor deny so we will just have to wait and see. I for one am not waiting. Blackberry has been a big disappointment and although I like the new phone its a little too late. I got an Android.

Journeyman

RIM reported the phone wont release GLOBALLY until Sept. Most of the carriers in the UK are reporting an AUG-SEP release. North America will receive this phone before then, and even possibly South America as well. Sprints SKU was leaked twice in the last 4 months (3mths ago and 1 week ago) and both times it shows the 9930 on the list plus the new Volt (Storm3, Monaco, 9850). I for one, will wait. Enjoy your droid.

Journeyman

It should be available on Sprint between July 30th (earliest) to August 21st. Sprint just might be one of the 1st US carriers to get the Bold 9930.  It's already 1st of July area, so within two months Sprint will have the Bold 9930 available. I myself would either wait and try out the Bold 9930 and see 1st hand how it runs, and then try out the iphone 5 IF? Sprint does indeed get it in September. Either way i'm out only $35.00 if I'm not satisfied with the Bold 9930 and return it within 30 days and then pick up an iphone 5 (again, IF? Sprint gets it) I just wanna be able to get the Bold 9930 and really love the device and be happy to re-sign a 2yr Sprint contract and then hope? in 2013, RIM will still be alive & kicking and have a top of the line Bold QNX 2 device by then.  But there has been NO real info that RIM has pushed the Bold 9900/9930 back to September. RIM KNOWS they need the Bold 9900/9930 out asap, right now, they have been manufactured and just waiting for carrier certs and then release dates from each carrier. I myself would wait until October to get a Bold 9930 over any Android...now an iphone 5...welll, that's totally different

Journeyman

Well said.

Journeyman

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/06/04/blackberry-bold-9900-release-date-postponed-until-septembe...

The phone has been pushed back. And I did get a droid. I just never got rid of the Blackberry. I added a second line. In 30 days, if I don't like the droid, then I'm giving it back up.  The only bad thing is, Blackberry's phone won't be out, so it's not like I can switch right over and I'm just plain sick and tired of waiting. I know that BB will not be back on top but that's not my concern. My concern is that they will never make a real attempt to catch back up. Even if they are putting out a better phone (which they are), look how long it took them to do so! And even worse, what they are putting out are STILL behind the market. . .period.  I am definitely a BB fan and would love if the phone came out sometime in July. . .but from what I'M reading. . that's just NOT going to happen.

Journeyman

July..August..September.  Whatever,  I'm sick of watching the little clock go round and round while I wait to look at a new email.  Or having it reboot while I try to look at email while a web page is (slowly) loading, and then having to wait 20 minutes.  Ot having the GPS tell me to go to an open area, when I'm in the most open area imaginable with a full phone signal. etc etc etc.

Which Android did you get?  Sprint has the Motorola XPRT now, which looks quite good and has what I want - keyboard, CDMA + GSM simcards.

Journeyman

GO88TOX wrote:

July..August..September.  Whatever,  I'm sick of watching the little clock go round and round while I wait to look at a new email.  Or having it reboot while I try to look at email while a web page is (slowly) loading, and then having to wait 20 minutes.  Ot having the GPS tell me to go to an open area, when I'm in the most open area imaginable with a full phone signal. etc etc etc.

Which Android did you get?  Sprint has the Motorola XPRT now, which looks quite good and has what I want - keyboard, CDMA + GSM simcards.

I got the EVO 3D. I'm not really sure that I like it all that much though. . .battery life is a killer. I know I'm not used to Android, but it just doesn't seem to be as much as people were hyping it up to be.  Although a good phone so far as far as I know. . .It's got some kinks, like overly-sensitive screen, but its okay.

I'd rather have a better Blackberry at the end of the day, but I'd choose a droid over a windows phone or iPhone for that matter.  I've had the iPhone and its cool. . .but not all that either. . I guess at the end of the day, they're just phones, right?

Journeyman

I'm sooooo ready. I just hate that the Sprint reps can't say anything bc I have one in my pocket now thanks to him liking my sis lol. But I don't care, long as they get in this year, I'm getting it. have you heard any prices for it???

Journeyman

I've done trying to get info from a Sprint tech/csr...they have'nt been right yet. Kevin Michulak who is the founder of crackberry.com asked a RIM rep at BBW about a Bold 99XX series release date and he said then, late August. So RIM has planned all along to get this device out late August. Sprint's SKU list does show BB Bold 9930 08/21/11 which would pretty much coincide the RIM executive's prediction. Hopefully? each carrier does have thier own lab/field testing and possible that Sprnt may release the Bold 9930 1st. then two weeks later the fullscreen touch Torch. RIM are NOT ignorant of the fact this devide needs to be out asap. Like I said, let it relese 08/21/11 and then the Sprint iphone 5 09/07/11 and that gives me well within Sprint's 30 day money back guarentee...you don't think RIM is aware of this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll be so glad when Sprint finally post it on the site the the 9930 is coming soon! I'll take that tag! And let us know when we can pre-order the thing! Usually when a phone is a month away from  availability we're able to pre-order. The Google Nexus S comes to mind.. it was available for pre-order at least a month and 1/2 before it finally arrived! Though the rumor is Aug 21st it does'nt seem to be that close based on the fact that Sprint has yet to announce that it's coming soon! If that date is indeed true... we're only six weeks away! What gives Sprint?!

Master

We post the information as soon as it is available for release.  Sprint Reps  do not have the information much before it is release to the public.  We are not allowed to release informtion prior to release to the public    Any information prior is just a guess on the part of the person giving out the informaton.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat