ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

Journeyman

Ya.  That's definitely the best idea.  Wait for the two BBs to come out and then compare.  Honestly, I wasn't in love with BB's OS6's interface as I was my tours OS5 (im talking about just the interface, not the speed difference etc.) I agree that a full qwerty will probably work out better for me than a virtual board, and every time I played around with a friend's iphone I wasn't in love with the keyboard at all (but everyone swears that after you learn to work it right, it's just as fast as a qwerty).  I'm a little worried about the BB's reliability, and by that I mean software bugs etc.  RIM had so many chances to work out the bugs in OS 5 and OS 6 and its still a pretty buggy platform.....Again, waiting for the reviews will help....Though the Android community is so much larger.  One last thing to consider is the BB's battery life: My Tour's battery is HORRIBLE and always has been.  From what I understand, the Photon is a class leader in that segment, with upto 10 hours of talk time!!  I think I'll go down to Radioshack and pick up a Photon on Tuesday (they have them for $179 w renewal) and play around.  At the end of the day, it's just a phone, and if I hate it, i'll get a different one.  If I like it, i'll pick one up for each of my lines.  Thanks for all the input!  I'm happy to know that the data pack is only $10 regardless of phone make!

Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

The major advantages of having a BlackBerry is full qwerty keyboard and RIM's device's are very secure (reason why the US Goverment uses them instead of iphones or Androids.) I've had my Curve 8330 since June 2009, the OS is only 4.5 and Ive never had any issues with it being buggy, only that it's slow 312mhz w/96 mb RAM does give me the hourglass delay and battery pull. the trackball needs wiping once or twice a week, but other than that, it's been a great smartphone. My fiance has the BB Style 9670 w/OS6 and she loves it. I myself can't wait til one of the carriers gets the BB Bold 9930 1st, if just to at least try it out in the store, but with a 1.2ghz processor, i'm sure it'll fly and perform great with a new OS7 and also see how much the web brower has improved (most who've tried the Bold 9930 say it's web brower is just as good has iphone 4 safari's.  But like you, I'm gonna test drive the Photon also.

Journeyman

Does anyone know what the price of the 9930 will be?

Sprint Employee

We have announced the intention to carry 9850 and 9930 this fall, unfortunately pricing has not been determined as of yet.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Niether has a launch date been determined! But a launch date of Aug 21st has been announced for the Samsung Conquer 4G for Sprint!  Aug 21st was the anticipated date we hoped to hear the BBerry bold and Torch would be launched. It's looking more and more like we won't see the Bold or Torch until Sept!

Journeyman

Looks like the 9930 will have an MSRP of $249.99 but, the article does not state if this is with or without contract renewal.  Either way, in my opinion, the price seems fair.

http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com/2011/08/blackberry-news-fall-blackberry-release-dates-leak-for-...

Journeyman

I'm really disappointed with Sprint.  Why is it that Rogers has already started selling 9900s?

Sprint doesn't have an official release date or even a price!

Journeyman

Again, from all the web sites I've seen, and also talked to a rep from Wireless Giant The BlackBerry Store here in Michigan, He seems very confident of Sprint releasing the BB Bold 9930 on Sunday August 21st. I didnt ask about the price difference between the BB Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 (Bold $249.99? and the Torch $149.99?) While on the same leaked roadmap, it shows Verizon's BB Bold 9930 selling for $199.99. Is it possible? Sprint may include a 8GB MicroSDHC card in thier BB Bold 9930?  But I'm pretty confident Sprint will be the 1st US carrier releasing the Bold 9930 and yes, on 08/21/11

Wizard

BGR leaked unofficial info on this topic today, available here. Take it with a grain of salt guys because as stated: unofficial.

Journeyman

Verizon announced that it will have 9930s available for order via Direct Fulfillment on Aug 15 and in stores by Aug 25.  I hope Sprint takes orders from at least Aug 15.

Journeyman

Store manager told me last night they will have both new BBs on the 21st. Don't know about pre-orders.

Journeyman

I'm not sure there will be pre-orders, pretty sure Sprint is just going to release both the BB Bold 9930 & BB Torch 9850 on the same day August 21st, like you mentioned. My big question is...why $249.99? when Verizon is selling it for $199.99 and Rogers in Canada just reduced thier price from $249.99 to $199.99 in 3 days!   Sprint's BB Bold 9930 BETTER have a 8GB MicroSDHC card included to even somewhat make the case for thier Bold 9930 being $50.00 higher than Verizon's.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat