ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what I was going to ask, did you ask the manager what the price would be? Hoping for $199.99 of course!

Journeyman

The Blackberry Bold 9930 and the Torch 9860 have both been Confirmed by Crackbery.com and TechnoBuffalo.com and Phonedog.com to be released on August 21st. I have also spoken to several Reps. on the phone and at 2 stores. The Bold pricing may in fact go down but Verizon's 2 year has been announced at 249.99 as well as Sprint. Roger's released the Bold 9900 at 249.99 and then dropped it to 199.99 in a few days of release. And as far as I know the Roger's Bold did NOT come with a Micro SD card. However, yes I agree if ANY carrier expects a 249.99 price tag on this phone, something needs to be thrown in. The Charging Dock would be super, screw the SD card.

Wizard

I'll see you Crackberry's confirmation and raise you the official release from Sprint, just a few hours old.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2011/08/15/blackberry-bold-...

Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

Ok, so we have the 21st as a date of release...  this coming Sunday.  The question is, will they actually be in the physical stores as well or is this date only for when they will be available for order?  Please tell me I can pick this [..] thing up in the store this Sunday so that I don't have to wait any longer!  [...] Sprint, we were supposed to get this ish before Verizon, but from the looks of it they're already playing with this device while us Sprint users are left [...]!

Message was edited by: mapesy, who removed language

Wizard

As per this announcement - they are available for sale in Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1 and online at www.sprint.com beginning on Sunday, Aug. 21.

Journeyman

The WAIT is over 4DIMM0K4! The phone will be available for purchase in the stores this Sunday Aug 21st! So be waiting outside your local store before they open! Help them unlock the doors!

Journeyman

I got my brand new Sprint Bold 9930 yesterday at 10am sharp at Wireless Giant The BlackBerry Store (Actually the ONLY free standing BlackBerry store in the United States (the others are in Airport shopping strip malls) The customer service reps are extremly helpful and very nice, got my phone activated and was shown how the OS& works, I bought a soft plastic cover for the back, it seems that the back of the Bold 9930's carbon fiber glassy looking back will have a too much chance of getting scratched up. I'll report back at the end of the day with my review of the Bold 9930. So far it's fantastic, kinda like a top line BlackBerry merged with an iphone.

Journeyman

Okay,

Finally the WAIT is over !!!!

Now, I was happy when the BB  Torch slider came out for ATT and knew that it was on its way to the  SPRINT network.  When I called Sprint to inquire, they had the nerve to  offer me the "clamshell" BB STYLE because they were not going to be  getting the slider torch.  What the heck were they thinking !!!???!!?!

I knew I was not going to get that, so I stuck with my good old  Bold and Curve.  Then I began hearing about the Bold 9930 and the Torch  9850.  Well, for the 9930, I was very pleased to hear that it was very  similar to the other BB but with a touch screen.  Then I began hearing  about the FIRST ALL NEW FULLY TOUCH SCREEN BLACKBERRY WITH NEW OPERATING  SYSTEM 7 !!!!.  Wow, I was very pleased to hear that too but which one  was I getting???  Had to weigh my options.  Well, for one, I knew i was  not a fan of the virtual keyboard on the 9850 but I also wasnt a fan of  the small touch screen on the 9930 which is why I was dreaming for the  Torch slider that had the best of BOTH worlds with a full touch screen  and a physical keyboard.  Well, guess you cannot have everything.  So, I  figured that I was simply going to have to wait it out and play with  the demos.

August 21 was the released date for both new phones and I was at  the store at 11:00 AM sharp.  Still, which one was I getting ??!!  I  began to play with the 9930 and quickly found myself not really taking  advantage of the touch screen as my thumb kept fumbling back to using  the track pad.  So, I was not getting the full true TOUCH SCREEN  EXPERIENCE.  Then I went to play with the 9850 a little bit.  What a  ride.  New operating system, easy navigation and the virtual keyboard  was not bad at all.  Very sleek and slim design.  A wonderful full touch  screen experience to have.  There was my answer.  I was getting the  BLACKBERRY'S FIRST FULLY TOUCH SCREEN PHONE FROM SPRINT !!!!  It even  includes a 4Gig SD card.  I even got the new USB car charger along with a  screen protector.  They were able to transfer all of my pics, emails  (personal and business), texts, games, and all of my other data straight  to my new phone.  EXCELLENT !!  I almost couldn't wait to get home to  play with it for real.

So far, my experience with the all new fully touch screen phone  with the O7 system has received an A+ from me.  I believe I have made  the right choice.  Now, it is time for me to order my charging cradle  and play with some more apps.  I am very glad to have this phone and to  finally experience what I have longed for as a BLACKBERRY user on the  sprint network.  Great Job RIM.  I will continue to evaluate my phone  during its usage for the next 30 days.

For those of you who REALLY want to experience the all  touch screen on a blackberry, go get the 9850 NOW.  Do not be afraid of  the virtual key board because it is not bad at all compared to the  iphone.  They do have a stylus for this phone.  You will be glad that you got this phone.  I know I am !!

Journeyman

omg i knew you'd be the first to get it lol. please share more and pics when u get the chance....i can't wait to get mine but i'll be waiting bc i just started college and don't have 400 to drop like its hot lol.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat