cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Bold Touch (9930)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Someone please tell me Sprint is getting this phone?

I'm on a Palm Pre right now and I love WebOS but it really doesn't look like Sprint is getting any of the new WebOS devices. I saw the BB Bold Touch and I'd love for this device to be my next phone, especially since I have a BB PlayBook as well. The Android lineup really doesn't appeal to me at all so I'm hoping and praying for this new Blackberry. My 2 years are almost up and I'd love to stay with Sprint. I just need a phone that I actually want.

Anyone know if Sprint is getting the BB 9930?

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

The answer is YES ... The 9930 is going to be for Sprint/Verizon and the 9900 will be for AT&T/Tmo ... This device is exactly what RIM needed to help boost some excitement ... Personally, I'm excited about this device, and will be getting it the day it's released ...

Journeyman

How do you know this? So far I've only seen rumors and no official confirmation as to which carrier is going to have this phone.

I know the 9930 is CDMA but this could still mean VZW gets it and Sprint does not.

Journeyman

All carries will be getting this device ... Go do some reading @ CrackBerry.com ...

Cheers

Journeyman

According to RIM's offical press release it says about availability : The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer. Now this is VERY interpritive IMO...usually North America gets the new devices earlier (Playbook came out 04/18 and will be out in the UK later this month) also, T-Mobile has been touting getting the 9900 and having it around June 28th. So if this all holds true, I would assume that at&t, Verizon and Sprint would be getting the Bold 9900/9930 around then or earlier.

Journeyman

Will the Blackberry bold touch 9930 be a world phone like the Bold 9650 that is both a CDMA/GSM phone? I have the  9650. when i travel abroad, all i have to do is put a sim card in my phone and change the mobile network setting to GSM, and when i return to the states, i change it back to CDMA and it works on the sprint network. I was wondering if the 9930would have this same ability.

Journeyman

Yes the Bold 9930 will be a dual band CDMA/GSM world phone (the GSM will actually give you access to 4G speed too) It will be the premier flagship BlackBerry device for RIM in 2011...also it will separate buisness/personal info for your convienice, NFC for making quick purchases too. full spec Facebook that will also include FB chat that will push to your BB (even if you have FB closed out) wikitude augmented reality that will be amazing....it'll take a seasoned BB user at least a month to keep finding all these gems that will be Bold 9930.

Journeyman

I normally don't go by any carrier reps at the stores (they don't know anything usually until 3-4 weeks before the device is actually coming into thier stores) but the Sprint rep told me in March that her supervisor said Sprint WILL be getting a touch BlackBerry (Bold 9930? is does have a touchscreen) early summer, so i'm sure all the big 4 (Verizon, At&t, Sprint and T-Mobile) will be getting these devices sooner than later...usually GSM gets them one or two weeks early, followed by CDMA carriers Verizon & Sprint (who released the Bold 9650 on the same day, if i'm not mistaken)

Journeyman

Thank you very much for the info, now i really want to get this phone when it drops. Sprint came out with the 9650 before VZW did last year but i dont think all that matters now. Again thanks for the reply.

Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry Bold Touch (9930)

I would suggest going to BlackBerry.com and going to their newsroom and check out may 02 release, it details the Bold 9930 and specs pretty well. Also, crackberry.com is another great site to find info and videos of the new Bold 9930

Journeyman

I'd like to know if Sprint will be getting this phone as well.

I just got Sprint a couple of days ago and I'm doing a 30 day trial to see how their coverage is in my home and work area.  I hope the 9930 comes to Sprint. it'll give me a good reason to switch from ATT.

Journeyman

I want this phone on the drop date too! I'm tempted to get the Nexus S  Google phone too, so I hope it's sooner rather than later!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat