cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Curve 8330 4.5.0.186 Maintenace Release

Journeyman

BlackBerry Curve 8330 4.5.0.186 Maintenace Release

BlackBerry 8330 MR 4.5.0.186 Update

The following Known Issues have been fixed with this software update.

• Audio Issues for Ringers and Alarms
  • Call Flash MDN Issue

PRIOR TO INSTALL: Depending on what software version your device is operating, you may or may not be able to perform OTA updates (see below).

• 4.5 software has the ability to perform OTW or OTA future software updates. 
  • Software below 4.5 does not have the ability to perform OTA; only OTW updates. ACTION: If running below 4.5, you must first upgrade to 4.5 in order to perform future OTA or OTW software updates.
  • Ensure PC is not in sleep mode.
  • Choose a back up for data in case the update fails.
  • BES Customer Note:  If your phone is used for corporate email access and is managed by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server solution, it is recommended you contact your company's BlackBerry Administrator first.

Timeframe.

• Downloads will take approx 60-90 minutes.

Download Options:

• Over the Air (OTA- recommended option), instructions available 2/26 via Sprint Support website
  • Over the Wire, from your computer, access the Sprint download website 3/3.
  • Directly from the BlackBerry Device Software updates website (applies to non-BES customers only)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 4.5.0.186 Maintenace Release

does this upgrade install the Blackberry Messenger?

Master

enough007 wrote:

does this upgrade install the Blackberry Messenger?

Blackberry Messenger is preloaded on every Blackberry, the 8330 has BBM 4 installed. If you want the latest BBM 5 you can download it from the Blackberry App World. If you do not have the App World already installed, you can download it from http://blackberry.com/appworld on your phone.

Journeyman

thanks, I know all BBs come with the BBM, I just want to make sure it wont automatically update me to the BBM, I dont like the layout.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat