cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Internet Service Client cuts out and drops wifi connection on 8530 Curve

Highlighted
Patron

BlackBerry Internet Service Client cuts out and drops wifi connection on 8530 Curve

I have a BB 8530 Curve.  My WiFi works fine at times but it often cuts out and the "WiFi" goes grey.  Then anywhere from 10-30 minutues it will come back and it just keeps doing this. When I check my WiFi diagnostics, my home WiFi is connected but the BlackBerry Infrastructure is not. Then when it starts working again, the BlackBerry Infrastructure shows as "connected".  I have this problem no matter if the phone is set to "HotSpot Browser" or "Internet Browser".  I have a Belkin router.  Does anyone have an idea how to fix this so my WiFi doesn't cut out?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

You cannot have 2 networks going on the same time..if you want to use the wi-fi connection on your phone..you need to go to manage connection icon on your phone and turn wi-fi  on for your data services.Keep in mind that using wi-fi some of the Sprint data apps(sprint nav/sprint tv etc ) wont work. When you check wi-fi on make sure you turn off mobile networks and after your data usage via wi-fi is over , make sure turn on mobile network(for your voice and data) and turn off wi-fi.

Journeyman

it goes on and off at times

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat