cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

Go to solution
Journeyman

BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

Is Sprint going to release the new BlackBerry Phones?  Blackberry Passport is going to be released on Septempber and past experience (Q10) with Blackberry, sprint took a lot of time for release.  We were then promised the BlackBerry Z30, and Sprint never released it.  Can you please check and give us a good answer?  BlackBerryPassport

74 REPLIES 74
Highlighted
Master

Re: BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

-Gomezito,

We will be releasing new Blackberry devices. At this time, we do not have any dates as to when they will be released. For updates on phones and services go to newsroom.sprint.com.

Linda
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How do yo know that you will be releasing new Blackberry devices?  From my experience, Sprint does not tell people in your position anything that they have not already announced to the public.  I am not asking to see anything internal, but can you absolutely promise us that you have first hand knowledge of Sprint carrying new Blackberry devices?  Please reference your source.  You can say it was by an email, word of mouth, rumor, etc.

I am sorry, but our trust in a statement like the one you are making has not been trustworthy in the past.  Your position is unfortunately just to interact and provide very limited service.  I called and asked for password assistance and the agent admitted that you and they only use Sprint.com to assist.  So you have no additional information than what a consumer can find on their own at Sprint.com

Master

NAPKYNN12,

Please allow me to apologize for the confusion regarding the release of any new BlackBerry devices. At this time we do not have any information that points to Sprint not receiving any new devices should BlackBerry release one for sale on our network.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint just doesn't support Blackberry, and it is a waste of time to expect otherwise. They have a much harder time loading bloatware on Blackberry devices, as compared to Androids, but currently they are mostly in bed with Apple for iPhones. Those of us grownups who prefer the superior OS offered by Blackberry are going to be left hanging yet again: no Z10, no Z30, so forget about the Q20 or the Passport. But they won't give you an answer. Saying 'no, we don't support Blackberry' would be tantamount to admitting to you that you are better off with another carrier. They'll just give you their boilerplate response along the lines of 'we don't know, but keep checking our newsroom' even though the newsroom never updates anything.

Journeyman

I'll probably to Verizon when my term is up, if the new Blackberry's are not supported.   Verizon even has 4G widespread; whereas, Sprint 4G claims for my city do not match actual, i.e. 10% coverage rather than 90%

Master

darad

Blackberry is an awesome phone. I attached a link http://bit.ly/1gngx5B please visit the Sprint newsroom. Our website provides updated information on the launching of phone and what's happening in our company. Thanks for being a loyal Sprint customer.

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So your response to "we want the new Blackberry devices" is to post a link to announcements about your new Android devices? How clueless can you be? We already know about your newsroom, and we know it is useless. Sprint just released an update for BBOS, 10.2.1.3023, and that isn't in your newsroom.

Master

pazzy

Great! I'm excited to know you are aware about the Sprint newsroom. You can always check for updates for Blackberry device launch dates. Thanks for being a loyal Sprint customer.

Regards,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is SprintCare populated by bots that look for keywords without comprehending content? Yes, I'm aware of your newsroom. I am also aware that it is useless, and that you don't even have updates to things that are already old news. I am a customer, but forget loyalty. I'm just waiting for a contract to come to term so I can leave without penalty.

Master

pazzy,

Thanks for your input. In regards to the new Blackberry device, we don't have any information available at this time on the release.

Thank you,
- Eric
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well it looks like the answer is "yes, SprintCare" is a bot.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat