cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

Just wanted to let you know Blackberry already announced the Q20 (classic) is GSM only.

Journeyman

tmobil supports GSM

Journeyman

So. Sprint and Verizon USA are totally out of luck for Passport?   How is that possible, if BlackBerry wishes to own the corporate market, and consumers who love the keyboard and wide screen format! Inconceivable.

Journeyman

Thats really a punch in the gut but Sprint hasnt been putting out a variety of devices for quite some time so no suprise. Im just happy my employer offers a comparible discount for At&t also so thats where i'll be later on this month when the q20 Classic is available.

Master

LOCKEDIN -

Thank you for reaching out, we would hate to see you leave. Stay posted to newsroom.sprint.com for any information about the devices.

- Alvaro
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

For Now!  With LTE there are some tricks to make the phone work on even with carriers who run CDMA.  Sprint, because of their smaller size may not be able to bring much weight on Blackberry.  But Verizon on the other hand, they are the Elephant in the room so to speak.  Would be a little harder for Blackberry to ignore.  Nevertheless, Sprint needs to convey to Blackberry that it is of mutual interest to both parties that BB comes out with a CDMA version for the Classic and/or Passport.

Journeyman

If you guys read the Blackberry website they state that the currently released models are GSM only - and to wait until Dec. 17 for full details and launch. The phones aren't going to be only GSM.

Journeyman

RVINCENT2000, I agree with you.  Because I find it hard to believe that after all that has happen to BB with their handsets, that they will be so shortsighted as to release a throwback phone like the Classic only onGSM.  After all, all the older devices that the Classic is claiming to return to, had both their GSM and CDMA versions.  So yeah,  I'm optimistic, if not on the 17th, we should see a CDMA version soon thereafter.  The Passport, I think may contimue to be only GSM untill their is a clamoring demand for a CDMA version.

Highlighted
Journeyman

TY for a considerable post about BB Passport that is otherwise helpful and above/beyond Sprint's generic info. “We certainly would hate to see you leave ... Check back later”

Journeyman

TY BBYComeclose. I will leave Sprint. My iPhone 6 is worth a reasonable $500 to BB as part of their Trade Up Program.

For Sprint's disorganization/ambiguity regarding the new Passport matter, my current Sprint loyalty is now valued at $0!

Journeyman

Just purchased the classic, expected delivery date of 1/9....RIP Sprint. Be sure to make the purchase from amazon.com and not from blackberry's site, they price at British Pounds and you'll end up paying well over the 449.

Journeyman

TY, NAPKYNN12!

For such lackluster info. regarding BB Passport, for all that you Sprint Support don't do, faagetabaut it. Caio Sprint!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat