Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

Go to solution
Master

Re: BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

pazzy,

How may I be of assistance to you today?

- Eric
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Eric or any Sprint Social Care, the assistance we need from you guys is to respond to us... Is sprint going to launch the new Blackberry devices???  The Passport will be releasing in a few days/ weeks and we want to know if Sprint is going to release this device.  We do not accept answers like, check the newsroom or we do not have information... Can't you ask someone?  your supervisor?  your Manager?  Someone in that company has to know...  We waited a lot for the Q10, never got the Z10 or Z30 and even worse we never receive convincing answers.  Please check, investigate or whatever you have to do to give us a firm answer.... When, if we are, are we getting the blackberrypassport or the new devices?????

Master

Gomezito We understand your interest in the Blackberry Passport and Classic. We don't have any information regarding these devices at this moment, there is no one that we can contact who will have that information. For latest on there devices, please contact the manufacturer. - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I know BlackBerry has awesome products.  I have the Q10 -- once upgraded to 10.2 last January, its been superb for phone, text, and web.  Naturally, the keyboard, hot-keys for maneuvering on a web pages, and the long-life battery are tops.  iPhone 5 sucks for battery.   I expect the BB Passport to be an even more awesome product, and for those who wish a slightly larger 3.5" screen, the Classic.

That's all very nice, as I was sold a phone capable for 4G, and my daughter months earlier the iPhone5 for 4G.  Well, 4G still hardly exists in San Jose -- except maybe downtown and slums nearby.  I guess I'm lucky, a 4G tower was set up this summer at Branham Land & Jarvis Ave, just 800 ft away for 5-7 mbps down.   Outside a 2000 ft circle, only 3G is available.  At 2500 ft, 3G is so slow one cannot even run a speed test (speedtest, speakeasy, etc.).  The major shopping nearby has dismal 3G too, lucky to even bring up a web page slowly.  Places I frequent 2-3 miles away have awful 3G Almaden Plaza, Kooser Plaza, Pruneyard Shopping, tennis courts etc, cannot run an online music video or playlist without constant stopping.

I find that the speed tests work with download speeds as low as 0.2 mbps.  Below that, the web page may not display, or the speed test cancelled for taking too long.  There seems to be little area in residential areas south of downtoan with decent 3G speeds of 1-1.5 mbps.  When 4G is out of range (just 2000 ft), fallback to an overloaded 3G running 0.2-0.5 mpbs, or <0.2 mbps, is not what has been sold to the customer.  We keep getting promises, that 4G is nearly rolled out across San Jose.   So Sprint puts out the formal announcement, San Jose is now covered -- even the Sprint web site RECOLORED the San Jose region as all 4G.  Sprint is only fooling themselves, as once new customers realize they have been hoodwinked, they will switch to Verizon.  No sense getting an unlimited date plan -- if you cannot get the data!  I still content that perhaps 5% of Willow Glen and Cambrian areas of San Jose have reliable 4G.

Before we got our smart phones, it didn't matter.   We only had talk and some text, for which the Sprint network is fully suited.

Master

darad -

We are continuously working on our towers to make sure we provide exceptional service. We know having intermittent service can be very frustrating. However, I can assure you that once the maintenance is completed, you will notice a significant improvement in your service.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

What is the expected range for 4G towers in San Jose?  The one near me is no more than 2000 ft in any direction.  Beyond that, it switches to 3G, which generally performs very badly to even 0.2 mbps.  I thought 3G towers had better range than the newer 4G.  Is that true? 

The major cell towers in my area are located over a mile apart (checking your maps), so 2000 ft range will not cut it for 4G.

If Sprint is still doing maintenance upgrades for 4G across the city, then why do they PRE-ANNOUNCE that capability, and even re-color their maps 4G?   False advertising, as other customers tell me the same.

Journeyman

They must have heard my critique.  I drove the NW quadrant from my home near Meridian & Branham, and discovered four 4G hotspots had not seen before -- each having a diameter of a half-mile or so -- but not one mile.  So that's a start.  If 4G is to work with 90% coverage, the 4G towers will need to range up to at least one mile.   Can the turn up the power, and range for 4G cells?

Journeyman

Dear SprintCare,

I am a loyal Blackberry customer. We have been on the Sprint Family Plan for over 15 years. All of the phones on our plan our out of contract except one.  If Sprint chooses to not offer the new Blackberry devices, either the Passport or Classic, I will be moving all 7 of our lines to whichever carrier offers the new Blackberry devices. 

Please do whatever it takes to bring the new Passport or Classic to Sprint.

Best regards,

Master

Jlsr,

I will pass your feedback up my chain of leadership. Please keep an eye on www.sprint.com/newsroom for any information about the new Blackberry's after the launch event on September 24th.

- Bran
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I agree with this sentiment as well... I dont have the same # of lines, but I'm a longtime customer who is looking forward to the BB Passport as well...  Sprint doesnt have to sell them in the stores, although that would be convenient, but at the very least, the Passport needs to be available online and at outlets like Amazon or Best Buy...

Thanks for the help...

Master

BEAMMIN5 - Thank you for your feedback. Please remember you can refer to this link: http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz for upcoming releases and more information. Let us know if you have and additional questions or concerns. - Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

well they just announced that the BB passport is an ATT exclusive.  so much for Sprint ACTUALLY caring about its BB users.  what a freaking joke, 3 out of 4 MAJOR US carriers CHOOSE not to carry Blackberries newest phones. oh and don't bother to tell us to "check the newsroom", because unless it is a Samsung or Apple phone, there is never anything in there.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat