cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

I have been trying to keep up with the Crackberry Forums, Unlocked phones are being sold out of Amazon and Blackberry stores, will this work on sprint?  Sprint Team I need an answer please.. Are you going to release this phones or not?  I have 6 lines 3 out of contract right now and I am very dissappointed with sprint...  We need a firm Answer, if you don't have one call your supervisor / manager etc...

Journeyman

They won't answer. All they know is sprint.com. I can tell you that Sprint is CDMA and the unlocked BlackBerry phones do not support CDMA yet. So Sprint cannot be used with a Passport at this time. No matter what. The future we have no idea about, but this first wave will not work with Sprint. I felt you should have a real answer instead of waiting here

Master

jontessler,

I am sorry you feel that way. Please let me know if there are any questions.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just GET the NEW Blackberry already and STOP dragging your feet.

You missed on the ZED10 and the ZED30.

Stop playing games, there are a lot of Blackberry users out here.

We (blackberry)users don't want a I phone or and Android  WE want  Blackberry!!!!!!

Master

Gomezito - Please visit this link and it will provide all the information about unlocking any phone that already used or currently on the Sprint network. http://bit.ly/O7qKfK - Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Master

NAPKYNN12 - Thank you for posting. I can definitely understand your concern. There is no new news on Passport. Please visit Sprint.com/newsroom to stay up to date with any official Sprint news and releases. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

We would love to see more blackberry phone option. We have been complaining and voicing our opinion , just to be ignore by the company we have been doing business with for years. We have been very patient, paying for quality services at premium price. The least Sprint could do is to consider giving their customers a little bit more options such as Blackberry phones that we have been begging for. Blackberry phones are more secure , and not everyone cares for Iphone and androids.

Journeyman

Do you truly lack reading comprehension, Kenneisha? Blackberry is selling the Passport unlocked. Gomezito asked if that phone will work on Sprint's network (i.e, does Sprint have a BYOD policy?). Napkynn12 provided the correct answer, as Sprint does not allow BYOD due to it's network being CDMA. Unlocking a Sprint phone for use during international travel is a separate issue, and not germane to Gomezito's question.

Journeyman

That is just very sad news.  Seems like all the carriers, except for AT&T have given up on Blackberry.  Then again it may be that AT&T is the only carrier with enough muscle to wring an exclusive deal out of Blackberry, like they did with the original IPhone.  It is a way of hedging a loss against lackluster sales of the device.  My wife is on AT&T and I may just have to join her there along with my four (Sprint) lines. My kids, IPhone lovers, can always get the new IPhone 6 at AT&T.

I would urge Sprint to try and secure the Passport or Classic as soon this exclusive deal runs out.

Master

Thunderbird1999- Thank you for posting. There isn't any new news about the release of new Blackberry devices as of yet. But you can stay posted on new information by visiting sprint.com/newsroom If I can answer any questions you may have, please let me know. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Master

pazzy, Thanks for posting. As of now we do not have anything set to bring your own device to Sprint. Since we are a CDMA network not all phones would be able to merge onto the network unless a CDMA capable device. However, you can bring your own Sprint capable device onto the Network with a service agreement. Let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint, as a current customer I have been with Spring for over 6 years, and always with a Blackberry. What will you tell your customers who are proud Blackberry supporters? This whole "check the Sprint newsroom response is garbage! I have been waiting all year for the Blackberry Classic and if Sprint is not going to carry it then I may have to switch to exspensive Verizon who is going to carry it. Can we have a straight answer? Will Sprint carry the Blackberry Passpport or Classic?

A proud Blackberry user!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat