cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

Go to solution
Master

Re: BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

ReyCJ - I apologize unfortunately we haven't heard any more news about those devices coming to Sprint. We don't want you to go either and would like to know what else we can do to keep you with Sprint.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The passports are now in stock and I want one, I suggest you make it happen!!! I'm tired of you saying check back for updates...Get BUSY Were paying customers just like the Iphone LOVERS who get Special Attention. I went to Blackberry.net and it reads as follow:

Supported Bands:

US: FD-LTE: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,20

HSPA +: 1,2,4,5/6, 8, EDGE

(Not compatible on Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular)

Which means to me the Tmobile and At&T are on board. Tmobile will buy you out of your sprint contract! Yay!!!!....

Master

babycomeclose

Open this link http://bit.ly/1gngx5B and it will provide updates on new releases.

Regards,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Pamela and the rest of SprintCare, I am sure that you have noticed by now that the folks posting on the topic of whnew Blackberry devices on Sprint are not  interested in viewing the update release page unless it has some information on the release of a new BB device.  you know what's on that page before you send your response.  If there is no information on the page regarding the subject we are posting about, do not send us a link to the page.  We know about the page's existence and know how to get to it.  Such a response does not endear you to your customers.

Journeyman

I've never weighed in on board before, however; this topic and the answers from Sprint have compelled more than being a spectator.  Sprint Reps - Sending BlackBerry users to a link that never has BlackBerry updates is not acceptable, not for customers and especially not for Shareholders.  I understand that business is business, but some of us either like different devices, or work in secure / regulated fields which require more security than IOS or Android natively provide.  If Sprint is not going to continue to offer a usable slate of BlackBerry devices to their consumers state that as the answer and be done.

Users / Consumers / Sprint Shareholders who use BlackBerry Devices - This is not acceptable behavior from a service provider, the provider should never dictate what device a consumer can use because of poor business negotiations (i.e. Apple Deals) on their part.  If I ran my business the way Sprint with SoftBank backing runs theirs it would fail the same way this experiment has been failing.  Just because secure devices are 1% to 4% of the market does not mean they should be ignored in the world where every loyal customer who is not cut rate prepaid counts.  I also call nonsense on the math that declares the highest net worth individuals carry iPhones to be be false and absurd and not what I've observed.  Many don't use a cell period and others use BlackBerry because of security.  This statement will make no difference to most, but I'm all the happier to have my take on this nonsense off my chest.

Journeyman

Amen!

Master

babycomeclose - Thank you for posting. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to any Sprint plans or services please let me know. I will do my best to assist you. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Quote from the Crackberry folks: "please note that the Classic works with GSM Carriers only, and the bands include: FD-LTE: 1,2,4,5,7,13,17,25. HSPA: 1,2,4,5/6. ."

There you have it folks, if you want the Passport or the Classic, you will not be getting it on the Sprint Network.  At least not anytime soon.  I think AT&T will be the only US carrier to get the new Blackberry phones. By the way the Classic launches on December 17th.

Master

TREVORCON1,
Thank you for posting. If there is anything we may assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know. - Tiara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I think you need to support Blackberry.  I have had a 9670 for 4 years now.  I like the physical keyboards, and unfortunately I like the flip phones.  Touch screens and I do not get along.  It is not that I don't know how to use them.  They simply don't work for me.  I can set one off just getting close.  I am a toolmaker and modelmaker who always has grinding particles, oils and silicon embedded in my fingers.  I tried a Q10 and returned it within 10 days.  I may drop Sprint to try a new Blackberry phone

Master

sllocin - We appreciate your concern and feedback. We will take it into consideration. Any official news regarding new phones will be posted on newsroom.sprint.com. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sillocin, I am like you.  I too have been walking around with a s Style 9670 for over 5 years and simply refused to go to a touch screens for different reasons than you (I can't stand the smudges on touch screen phones).  I have been eligible for upgrade on Sprint for over 2 years, but have been patiently waiting for a Blackberry that I like (I don't like the Q10).  My patience with Sprint has been tested to the limit and I am about to bail (with my 4 lines) if they refuse to carry the new Classic. I have been with Sprint since 1995 and you think that would count for something.  But apparently business interests trumps customer satsfaction.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat