cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry not receiving all email. HELP!

Highlighted
Journeyman

BlackBerry not receiving all email. HELP!

First of all, this forum ia a great resource. Thanks! I've read through some previous threads on the problems I've been having, but still no luck. I figured it would be best to post my problem. So here it goes...

I've had my Blackberry Pearl for about a year now through Sprint. I have two email accounts set up with it. One is my work email, and the other is Gmail. My work email is not set up through BES. I access my work email through Outlook Web Access. All of a sudden I am not receiving all of my email messages. Some come through, but definately not all. I've tried all of the solutions I could find on these forums, inlcuding:

Clearing the memory

Pulling the battery

Register the host routing table

Send service books

Delete and re-set up my email accounts

Still, no such luck. Any ideas? Is there a particular order I should do the above items? I'm lost!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: BlackBerry not receiving all email. HELP!

You might try running diagnostics on your Mobile Network. I wasn't getting all of my email either today and when I ran diags all the missing ones suddenly arrived.

Options - Mobile Network - Menu key (paw left of trackball) - Diagnostics Test

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would suggest double checking your OWA settings. You might try switching your OWA to not push your e-mail, then delete the account from your BIS. Then do a battery pull and set up the BIS and the OWA again. Then register the routing tables and push your service books. For your gmail, double check your settings to make sure it's set up to forward via pop or imap (whichever you have it set up as).If that doesn't work, (and you're receiving all of your gmail) talk to your IT department as there may be something with your OWA settings or network settings. If you're not getting your gmail consistently in addition to your OWA and the previous steps from your post please contact Sprint Technical Support either via phone or chat or using the e-mail form here: http://search.sprint.com/inquiraapp/contact.jsp

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was having the same problem yesterday. I wasn't reciving e-mail nor was I able to log into sprint.blackberry.com (would get a "unable to comunicate with your device" error or something to that effect).

I called into support to report the problem and it runs out that there was some sort of outage. I was surprised that there was no outage notice during the hold message and that the tech was unfamiliar with issue. I am new to Sprint, so I hope that lack of awareness isn't typical with support.

Now the optimist in me hopes that these outages are all part of some sort of rolling 4.5 upgrade procedure, but the realist tells me that we're not so lucky 😉

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kanzen, sometimes the outages are from RIM's server, not Sprint and there may be a delay in being aware of the outage versus having an unaware agent. Also, sometimes the outage isn't seen until a customer calls in with an issue and they look for outages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I don't really want to jump on the beat up Sprint bandwagon, but...

First off, the problem was clearly RIM related. However, having said that, and having worked in the telecom/IT industry since I was a teenager, I know that when there's an upstream outage you really do need to notify downstream support.

As for CS not knowing about the outage, please note that I wasn't able to call until several *hours* had passed after I noticed the problem (can't immediately stop all meetings, because my blackberry is freaking out).

Furthermore, the CS rep told me that RIM did send a notice, but for some reason it didn't get distributed internally. Now I don't know if this was a misguided attempt on his part to try make it seem like they have their proverbial stuff together over there, or if RIM actually did send a notice out and nothing got done about it by Sprint.

Feedback such as this shouldn't be taken as an attack on Sprint. I don't think such attacks are helpful to my customer experience. I would hope that Sprint uses such feedback as opportunity to improve and/or fix specif areas in their internal processes. I'm not the type who just mindlessly attacks my vendor. If I notice on going issues that affect me with a particular vendor, I let them know with my wallet by moving to the competition.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I tried running the diagnostics and still no luck. I've determined my gmail account works fine (I just don't receive alot of email to that account). The majority of emails that seem to make it through to my BlackBerry from my OWA account are those from people from within my same organization. I only get some from outside indivdiduals and I get none from any newsletter type services I've signed up for. When I log into my OWA account, they are all sitting there, but never make it to my phone.

I'm lost. Could it be a defective phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't begin to thank you!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat