Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry users needed for trial

Wizard

Dear Sprint BlackBerry users,

We need your help.

We will give you a sneak peak at an intriguing new voicemail service and want you to tell us how it works for you and what you think about it.  Sprint soon will launch a new service called Voicemail-2-Text. This will allow customers to have their voicemails transcribed into text that can be seen within their Messaging inbox on their phone.

We want to find 100 customers to participate in a trial beginning on June 20th. Participants will receive a $10 service credit after the completion of the short survey at the end of the trial.

In order to participate in the trial, you must:

• Have an active Sprint Blackberry Device (OS 4.2 and higher - .Bold 9650, Curve 8330, Curve 8530, Tour 9630, BlackBerry 8830, Style 9670, Curve 3G 9330)
  • Send a private message to SarahKS with your name, email address and the phone number of your Blackberry Device. (Do not post that information here)
      • Private messages work like a standard email client
      • On the community select the Your Stuff dropdown and  click on Private Messages
      • To create a new private message, click on  Compose Message
      • Start typing or paste the recipient(s) username in the To: section
      • Select the username from the dropdown
      • Enter the Subject and body of the message  
      • Click Send Message

• Provide candid feedback about your experience with the service
  • It is recommended that trial participants have some type of text plan to avoid any additional charges.

Only the first 100 respondents will be able to participate in the trial, so get your requests in quickly.

We will notify you if you are selected to participate and provide more details about the type of information we hope you can provide.

Thank you for your help. We think this can be a valuable new service for Sprint and appreciate your willingness to lend a hand

Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
Wizard

Isn't the Voicemail-to-Text already available and active?  Or only to select phones, which was not available for BlackBerry?  Strange.

Journeyman

Sprint launched a service called Visual Voicemail to Text that is available on Android devices.   This service is a little different.

Journeyman

Would love to test it out!

I sent you my info. Good luck!

Journeyman

sent my info too!!!!!

Journeyman

Sprint costumer service reps are telling costumers that this is a scam, even though it's posted in the official Sprint Twitter & Community Blog. They just did this to my Mom. You may want to notify them of the legitimacy of this claim so they stop giving honest, concerned costumers wrong information.

Wizard

vcantu27, it is not a scam.  The reps you were speaking to had no clue on the latest news happening.  Look at the original post, you will see the Sprint logo under the icon, an official Sprint employee.  Not a scam.

Journeyman

EpicThunder -- thanks for your concern, but I think you misunderstood my post.

I was attempting to notify the other Sprint reps who read this post that their colleagues are giving customers wrong, and potentially damaging, information. And even though there are all these factors that point to it not being a scam, an actual Sprint employee is calling this a scam.

I am completely aware that this is a legit claim and that it is not a scam. I spent an hour trying to convince my mom of that very thing, pointing out the official Sprint logo, official Sprint employee icon, how it came from the official Sprint Twitter account, etc. However, being the cautious costumers that she is, my mom decided to dial *2 to simply verify the offer. The costumer service rep she spoke with gave her WRONG information, telling her that this IS a scam and to not do it. The rep even "spoke to her supervisor," "confirmed it was a scam," and told my mom she was going to report it. She also went on to say that since it isn't a "secure" site (https://) that it isn't an official Sprint site.

Now, we here know that the rep was completely wrong in all regards. But how many more times do you think this has happened since this has been posted? I'm sure my mom hasn't been the only one to be turned off by the offer because costumer service reps have no idea about what's going on. Even the most obvious aspects will never be as convincing as an actual employee saying otherwise. My mom is still not convinced.

Wizard

Okay.  Those reps are morons and should be fired.  I have never once seen Sprint's site use https:// and I don't think it has to be that way.  Anyway, I hope you and your mom got the names, employee IDs and locations of these reps to report them to the highest authority possible.  They need to be fired immediately.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The customer care reps will be informed about how to support the new product when we launch. 

For the trial, all support will come from me via email.  I am the product manager for voicemail at Sprint.  You can tell your mom this is a real product trial.

Journeyman

when will we know if we are selected?

Journeyman

Information will go out later this afternoon.  We are still a few shy of 100, so if you registered already, you should be on the list. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat