Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 8130 & 8330 screen delay in 4.5

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry 8130 & 8330 screen delay in 4.5

Since upgrading my Pearl to the 4.5 OS, I have noticed that when the phone has been "resting" for a while and the screen is off, clicking a button takes 4-5 seconds to actually turn on the backlight. Before the upgrade this happened almost instantly. A friend also notied the same behavior on his recently updated Curve.

If you look really close in decent lighting, you can see thescreen is actually on but like its really really really dim. Like I can only make outfaint lines between messages in my inbox for example.

I have not been able to find anything on the web about this. Is this just a "feature" of the new OS or is there a setting I'm missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry 8130 & 8330 screen delay in 4.5

I to have had the same issue and after doing some reading in other blogs I downloaded a third party app but I still have the same delay. It seems to be a sprint 4.5 issue.

Journeyman

Spacebar usually = about a 1 sec delay for me since upgrading to 4.5

Journeyman

This was talked about in great length on crackberry when the "official" 4.5 dropped from Sprint.

I got into the habit of hitting the back button (next to the trackball) or the space bar to bring the phone out of standby mode as this shortened the delay quite a bit vs. just hitting the trackball or another key to bring the phone to life.

Journeyman

Thanks for the replys everyone! The back button trick seems to work good for me. Weird!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat