cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 8350I Internet Speed

Highlighted
Patron

Blackberry 8350I Internet Speed

I own the Blackberry 8350I and love my phone but have one issue, the internet speed.  I had been wanting a Blackberry for quite some time but didn't want to give up my Direct Connect.  So the 8350I comes out and I jump on it.  As I stated love the phone but hate the internet speed.  Now they have all these new phones with 3G and 4G internet speeds but none have Direct Connect.

So my question is when are they going to bring out an upgrade for the 8350I user's so we can have a Blackberry with Direct Connect and the 3G or 4G internet speeds?

Vincent Wood

7 REPLIES 7
Patron

Re: Blackberry 8350I Internet Speed

This might help a little.

Go to the Browser, press Blackberry button, go to options, then browser configuration, disable all the fancy stuff like support javascript, HTML tables, background media/images, embedded media etc. and also clear your cache once in a while.

It should speed up the browser's rendering speed.

Patron

Thanks.

Journeyman

It still isn't gonna do much for the speed.

That's the iden network, nothing you can do about it.

You can't get 3G speed on iDen that's just the way it is, slow 1x speed which is one of the reasons I believe that the 8350i doesn't have Sprint TV on it, correct me if I am wrong there though.

Patron

I think I can watch TV on it but have never tried.  That is something I am going check out today.

So I guess I just have to hope and wait to see if they bring out another Blackberry version with 3G or 4G speed that has Direct Connect.  It burns me up because I have spent allot of money on upgrading phones with Nextel/Sprint in the last 5 years.  And as soon as I call myself upgrading to the latest technology phone within a month or 2 they come out with a newer or better version of what I just upgraded to!  This SUCKS!

Journeyman

Vince2271 wrote:

I think I can watch TV on it but have never tried.  That is something I am going check out today.

So I guess I just have to hope and wait to see if they bring out another Blackberry version with 3G or 4G speed that has Direct Connect.  It burns me up because I have spent allot of money on upgrading phones with Nextel/Sprint in the last 5 years.  And as soon as I call myself upgrading to the latest technology phone within a month or 2 they come out with a newer or better version of what I just upgraded to!  This SUCKS!

It's not going to happen, if you want a 3G phone you are going to have to switch to the Sprint side of things.

They tried a couple hybrid phones that had direct connect on the iden side, but used the Sprint side for voice data and I believe these haven't been very popular.

RIM isn't going to go this route, you'll either have a 3G phone or an iden phone, I don't see them messing with any hybrids so if you really need the direct connect you are going to be plagued by the slow data speeds unless you use wifi which most newer phones have, but when on the road the data speeds are gonna suck compared to everything else.

Patron

Well I fixed my problem.  I upgraded to the Blackberry Tour 9630!  I love it so far, internet speed is super fast compared to the Curve 8350I and now I also have TV.  So I'm very happy and won't miss my Direct Connect that much! LOL

Thanks for everyone's input!

Vincent Wood

Journeyman

glad to hear it  you may also notice the speeds of texts  incoming and out going will be better with CDMA  then with IDEN alot of times Iden can have a delay for text messages im not sure if you have ever  experienced that   I have on my boost which is why i  use y sprint curve to text now.   Sprints nextel is working to try and  fix the  text delay  andit  may  get some help by that fact that now boost has CDMA  phones so that should aleviate some of the over crowding on the IDEN network. or one can only hope it will.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat