cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 8830 PAM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry 8830 PAM

I know there is about 1000 of these posts floating around, however, I got my blackberry to work as PAM by tweaking some settings manually in windows. My question is.......am I going to get a suprise bill at the end of the month for that.

I checked it out and figured that the phone doesn't show that it is connected to a laptop, I have the laptop dial #777 through the network dialup connection and can access the internet, so it doesn't look any different than if I was surfing the net with my Blackberry.

Anyone else tried this?

Just curious what happens when sprint notices the data usage has jumped up quite a bit.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Patron

When my smartview software was not working correctly, I was using PAM through the dial-up connection as well. The tech told me there is no difference in using the dial-up way or connecting through the smartview software. They are basically connecting the same way.

You shouldn't see a surprise charge on your bill.

Journeyman

As long as you have the correct data plan with the blackberry, you will not be charged extra whether you use smartview or #777. I used to use #777 for the longest time before smartview came out. If you did not have the PAM option you would be denied access with either of the 2 ways when trying to use PAM.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat