Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Bold 9650 randomly restarts...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Bold 9650 randomly restarts...

Hi, I am just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. Where their blackberry just randomly restarts itself. I've been in my home office and had the device on my desk not touching it and just so happen to look down and its restarting itself without any interaction from me whatsoever. Should I be worried or do I need to call in about this?

TIA for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello EJ1220,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues. The problem that you are describing sounds related to the software in the device. There are several ways to resolve this issue, some of the basic ways would be to remove the battery and replace it as well as check for software updates. To check for software updates, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Menu key and choose Open Tray to get to the main menu.
2. Scroll to the Options icon and press the trackpad.
3. Choose "Device".
4. Click on Software Updates
Select "Check for Upgrades".

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please refer into a local Sprint Repair Center to have the phone tested. Please utilize the following link to locate the closest one to you:

http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/search.aspx?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Store%E2%80%9D target=%E2%80%9D_blank

Please let me know if you have any questions!

CD

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having this same issue as well.  I have actually already had to replace my phone for the same thing.  It's now out of warranty and I'm thinking about getting another phone because it keeps doing the same thing.  It keeps locking up and restarting for no reason.  I'm really getting very tired of my phone!  It's very irritating.  I'm thinking about getting away from BBs all together!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have a bold and upgraded the software to the 6.0 from 5.0 and the problem started right after did the upgrade. I have been to the store an wiped the phone clean and reinstalled and it is still continuing. I am also debating on getting another phone or having this omne replaced... Not sure which way to go and do I want to upgrade to a newer BB or try a Photon.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat