cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Bold?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Bold?

I know the Blaberry Bold is AT&T only. But I went and looked at it the other day and it is Great! Will Sprint get anything like it in the near future? I rather not switch because I would end up paying a lot more for service, but the phone is really nice and I don't think the Curve stands up to it. Any thoughts?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Re: Blackberry Bold?

Thats the only good thing about sprint. Their phone selection is so-so, as with the support. But the price is unbeatable for what you get. I have the $80 450 anytime, with unlimited data, text, picture (waste with the BB for there is no MMS), and email.

Highlighted
Journeyman

how about internet speeds? Is'nt Sprints faster. Would it be worth going to at&t for the Bold?

Highlighted

The bold as 3G support. So nomatter if it was on ATT or sprint, it is much faster than the Curve 8330 on EVDO Rev.0 instead of the new EVDO Rev.A (3G).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I think that is the big question I have for Sprint right now...Are we gonna be getting a Bold? Verizon can have the Storm but I want a BOLD. After I went to AT&T and demo'edit Saturday,I almost jumped ship right then. The only thing that stopped me was the price of their rate plansfor BB internet service. I've read some articles online about Sprint and Verizon getting a CDMA version in May '09 but that is still a long time to wait for a phone that was released on Nov. 4 by AT&t.

Highlighted
Journeyman

my stores sprint corporate rep told me the other day that we will be getting the pearl flip in feburary, the bold in may and the storm in august. Dont hold me or him to these dates, but i have heard else where about the cdma bold coming in may.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If in fact the Bold will be here in May, I will wait. It seems though the stores herebelieve they will never get the bold? Anyone else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

AT&t told me it was an Exclusive with them and no one else would be getting it! Think about it though, Sprint has every other BB out there...Curve, Pearl, 88**. They were all exclusive to AT&t/Tmo at 1st. Seems like Sprint gets them after the quirks have been worked out, which is a good thing. Who wants a new phone with a bunch of software glitches? I have had my Curve 8330 for around 3 mos. and have had no problems with it but I heard there were several glitches withthem when it 1st came out..8310?! I could wait until May 09for the BOLD but then I would be paying regular retail for the upgrade......Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes AT&T has exclusive rights for the Bold but they are a GSM provider. Verizon just recently and has exclusive rights to the Blackberry Storm. Also the Google phone by T-Mobile and AT&T has the iPhone.

I have had a blackberry with Sprint for 5 years and currently have the 8830. I would like to see sprint get the BOLD. I would like to see something that can use the Rev A network on a Blackberry and also the WiFi. I am just disappointed that Sprint does not have any exclusive rights to a new device. All the other MAJOR players (#1 & #2) have new and exclusive device rights.

As Sprint has been losing customers due to the iPhone, Storm and customer service bringing in something new especially a new device would be good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd give my right finger for a bold. I really hope sprint catches up..

Highlighted
Journeyman

So is there any way to confirm that Sprint will be getting the Bold in May?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just heard a rumor that Sprint will actually be getting the Bold in Feb.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat