cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve 8330 as laptop modem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Curve 8330 as laptop modem

I have done a lot of looking in these forums and I have seen that some people can and some people cannot use their phone as a modem.  I do know that while you're not supposed to some people do use their phone for it.  Before anyone says it I know that phone as modem cannot be added on to any plan and is not available.  I have read where some people were able to use their phone to access the internet on a laptop through their data plan.  I have an Unlimited Data plan with the 450 minutes and everything else is completely unlimited on my phone and plan.  I just got my service 3 months ago so I still have the usb cable that came with the phone and the cd.  To use your phone as a modem how do you go about doing it? Is there anything special I need to do to my phone or download? I am getting a laptop this week and I would like to use my phone for service or until I could figure something else out due to I live in the country so cable is not available and satellite seems to cost too much.  I have looked at the wireless cards on here but they have the 5gb cap and I honestly don't know if that would be just right, too much or not enough so I don't want to get it and go over every month.  I also don't want to get it since I found out I have to pay another deposit for it even though I would be adding it to my already existing account.  I just paid 3 months ago so in my opinion I shouldn't have to pay a new deposit.  I would gladly pay a little extra to have it added but not $150 and then have to pay $60 every month and in addition run the risk of going over the 5gb.  Can anyone please tell me what I need or would have to do to be able to use my phone for a laptop?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat