cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve 8530 issue with shutting off

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Curve 8530 issue with shutting off

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530 that has been shutting off for no reason, even after purchasing a new battery.  I will be talking on the phone, with plenty of charge, and the phone will power down showing an hourglass symbol.  The phone reboots, taking a few minutes, and then finally comes back on.  Previously I was having problems with my battery holding a charge, and a Sprint store employee told me that I would need a new battery.  Unfortunately this employee was unable to order me a battery, and I had to purchase this from a third party store.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

FLREB13,

Not sure if you actually had the battery and phone tested by a authorized Sprint repair center but that is where I would start with this one.  From what you described it sounds like the phone is loosing power and shutting down.  This could also be software related which would require that you reset the device back to factory defaults.  I would start with the hardware tests first.  You can go to http://sprintstorelocator.com/ to find the nearest repair facility.

Thanks!

-Ron

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mr. Sprintastic, thanks for your help, but I was looking for someone who has actually had this problem.  Sprint, like most corporations these days, has made it very inconvenient to get service.  I know where the repair facility is, but it is not convenient for me.

Regards,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  I took my phone in to the sprint repair store and left it overnight.  When I picked it up they told me my battery was working at 100%, they updated my phone completely.  Got in the car, not 10 min later, REBOOT!  I can't even use my phone a day without it spontaneously rebooting at least 4-5 times during the day.  Doesn't seem to matter if I am using it at the time or not.  Sometimes it's just sitting on my desk plugged in, or not plugged in.  BB texting has become nearly impossible with the rebooting.  And after it reboots my battery is nearly dead.  Even though the sprint store is telling me my batter is at 100%. 

So what do I do now?  I usually have my phones for 2-3 years.  Have had this one 1 1/2 years.  Thought it would last longer.  I have been a sprint customer for over 12 years. 

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

@FLREB13 & JDJOHNSON3337 - Do you both have the current SW version 5.0.0.1030 Build 1675 on your phone? If not what version do you have? I am checking with my RIM contact to see if they are aware of the issue you both are reporting and he needs to know what SW version you both are running.

Link to show you how to update software if needed and various software versions and fixes:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_BlackBerry_Cu...

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, yes, I just checked my phone and it has that current version and build on my phone.  I just had it in a week ago to have the sprint repair people udate it. 

Someone from Sprint sent a message to the wrong blackberry.....about this reboot problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nobody has gotten back to me........

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no replies??

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am having this issue!!! Perhaps we need to send this up the chain to Blackberry?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat