cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve 8530 looses signal often

Patron

Blackberry Curve 8530 looses signal often

I purchased the Blackberry Curve 8530 in May of this year.  The signal on the phone turns itself off or goes to 1X and I cannot make or receive phone calls, texts or emails.

Any suggestions??  

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Curve 8530 looses signal often

I too have this problem. I have had this Curve 8530 since April. This phone gets worse reception than some of the older phones I have had. I have had no luck getting any answers...Daniel

Journeyman

Omg YES, i too am having these problems. I NEVER get signal my phone ALWAYS freezes and wont come back on for an hour, i never recieve my phone calls and i purchased this phone in March of this year, this phone SUCKS!!!!! Blackberry Curve 8530!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Yep, same problem here, I had the i760, then the Treo 755p, no problems, because I could force roaming I guess, but when I went to the 8530, I drop about 35% of my calls to signal lost, and sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds for it to get tower connection before dialing, and the coverage is horrible.

I am not new concerning how these things work, I debugged for dB signal strength(didnt look good, but tech support said it was acceptable), ran diagnostics, cleared memory, updated software, wiped handheld, hard resets, nothing.

This phone is the problem, hands down.

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE...Had my phone at the Sprint store twice so they could look at it ( soft update and a hard update) . Still losing signal, going back to get a new Curve hoping mine is just a lemon. I have talked to other people with this phone and they do not have this issue..

Journeyman

Yeah good luck with that one, I have replaced mine once. The replacement phone does the same thing!  Also freezes up ALL the time, just as my other one did, and I am not impressed at all.  Then spending the time on the phone with Sprint, and being given a phone number to call thats just a busy signal.  Plus my e-mail constantly has to be validated over and over.  I have never had these many problems with phones!  I have been into the repair center WAY too many times.

Journeyman

I've actually got to go to the sprint store today for this exact issue. I've run diagnostics, I provisioned it, nothing works. I'm really getting to a point where I'm considering leaving RIM/ BlackBerry altogether. I have a few coworkers that have the Evo and quite a few friends with android phones. They tell me they love their phones and that they have little to no problems with them. I just can't understand how you could want to sell these phones for so much, and they not perform like they should. If they can't fix my phone today, which I'm sure they won't, it will be my third curve 8530 in either just at or a little under a year. And in the 1 1/2 to 2 years that I had the 8330 I had about 7 to 10 of them. The thing I like the most is BBM, but if I keep this phone I'll have to constantly re-download applications, and transfer contacts, etc. That is a major hassle, and don't get me started on the low internal memory or crappy battery life... Sprint or RIM really needs to step up or I'm jumping ship.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat