cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve Modem Not Available with Simply Everything!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Curve Modem Not Available with Simply Everything!

After spending hours on the phone with at least five customer service reps, just before I was about to complete my

order for the BB Curve 8330, I was told that the previous CSR that assured me I could have the modem option for $15.00 added

to the $99. simply everything plan was WRONG and that that was not an option, that no modem option is available with

the SE plan. It was a HUGE waste of time and I am disgusted with Sprint. I was told three different prices for it, and when

I finally got them to tell me that it was only 15.00, I was then told, no not an option.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any solution or suggestions?

I currently have Metropcs unlimited everything, the $50 plan. No modem option is available, so I got the BB 8700 for modem

use and email, about 90 a month with Sprint. I was trying to eliminate the Metropcs plan and go with the Sprint SE plan, but if I can't have the

modem, what's the point?

Thanks for your input.

Janet

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Curve Modem Not Available with Simply Everything!

Sorry to say, but Sprint is sometimes retarded. I would just go through retentions and see what they say. They seem to be a little more informed than the regular reps. Hey, I know you should not have to go there but hey some of use need help, not 15 different answers.Besides humm maybe customers would like to have tethering as an option, come on sprint either include it on the plan, or just let us pay 10-15 bucks for it. Happy customers = Sprint # 1

Journeyman

So when you say to go through retentions, you mean that I should call to cancel my service and explain why and then see if they offer me what I want?

Journeyman

I hate to burst your bubble, but going through "retentions" won't work. The Phone as Modem (PAM) is physically not capable of being added to the Simply Everything or Talk/Message/Data Share plans. The billing system simply will not allow it to be added. As of now, there are no plans to offer the PAM with those plans.

Journeyman

I see how this site works now. If you say something negative about Sprint it gets deleted!

Nice job folks. What a joke.

What was the offensive part, how the sprint reps are incompetent or how you should be embarassed

to be working for them? Or perhaps it was the comment about your e-care signature being a farce.

Whatever, it's useless just like the sprint reps

Journeyman

Oh! I just figured it out, you didn't likethe catbeing let out of the bagthat plenty of sprint users on the SEP are getting the PAM for $15 !!!

It's a big, bad secret.

WELL, I HOPE AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE GOT TO READ AND WILL GOOGLE THAT PLENTY OF SPRINT USERS

ARE GETTING PAM ON THE SEP for $15.00!!

Message Edited by Raine on 09-08-2008 12:01 PM

Journeyman

Janet, I am all about taking a company to task if malice or even stupidity are at the root of a problem. In this case, it may be a case of needing to RTFM on your part. I was able to find that PAM was an option was an option with my SEP with about five minutes of reading the website and a quick call to Customer Service.

I have my issues with Sprint, their silence about MMS for the Curve and the upcoming OS upgrade being chief among them. But I can tell you that ditching the attitude, taking the time to read up on things on the website and (just guessing here) maybe treating the CSRs on the phone with a modicum of civility might help you loosen up some of those "secrets" that others appear to be keeping from you.

Journeyman

In my first post the reason I suggested to go through retentions is that they are more informed than the regular account reps. The account reps think that they are the ultimate power and have final say, when in fact they don't know jack most of the time. Hey e-care dare you to call me a lier, anyone can prove this. Call and ask a out of the ordinary question you will get about 3-5 different answers. Hey it might not be your fault miss e-care I would blame it on training and info only going one way. But hey, threatening to cancel your plan might just work.. lol

p.s. BTW OP look on the forums some more and with a little research you will have no problem with PAM

Journeyman

Glocky,

You are right on. Thanks for your advice. I will be on it tomorrow and let you know.

As far as the previous writer, Zencowboy, I am always polite and respectful to the CSRs and I understand

how to work the system, but after hours of dealing with morons, patience wears thin. My first

call to CS also confirmed that it was an option. When I went to place the order is when they

decided it wasn't. I decided this would be a great place to vent. Evidently the e-care girl got her

feelings hurt when I told her she didn't burst my bubble and they deleted my message I guess because

shedidn't like my suggestion to find better employers! I hardly think that's a personal attack, but whatever.

I am a little slow on accronyms.What does RTFM mean? Thanks.

Journeyman

ooh sorry can't explain that one without a post delete, however put it a yahoosearch and you will see why...lol

Journeyman

Ok, got it.

What I don't get is what manual Zencowboy thinks I'm supposed to be reading for a product I don't even own!

Sprint website says it's not available with SEP, but he says "I was able to find that PAM was an option was an option with my SEP with about five minutes of reading the website and a quick call to Customer Service." So was I, but when I tried to put the order through with the sales rep,

a CSM got on the phone and told me no way, no how. Ishe another lucky one who got what no one is supposedly supposed to have???

He also didn't get that I don't think anyone's keeping secrets from me, but that my deleted post commented

on how plenty of people are getting the PAM with SEP which is all over the net, which is why I thought they

deleted it. Wasn't that at all.

Tomorrow I try again. Tonight I appreciate my MetroPCS for 50 bucks a month!

Thanks for your help, Glocky!

[Please be courteous to all of our members. Raine]
Message Edited by Raine on 09-08-2008 12:03 PM

Journeyman

Janet,

Please forgive the implication thatyou may have been less than polite to the CSRs. I know that dealing with "wheel of conflicting answers" can try the patience of a saint, and few of us have time for that junk. You are correct that badly trained reps can cause headaches, but most are being trying to be genuinely helpful. It helps to look the information up on the Sprint site first, troll the forums or post a question here and THEN make your call. If the initial operator can't help, asking nicely for a supervisor usually hunts up someone who can.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat