cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve Modem Not Available with Simply Everything!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Curve Modem Not Available with Simply Everything!

@dnvrdude81 wrote:
It's the same way with Windows mobile feature called internet sharing, mogul and touch both use to do it without a PAM plan on the account after that new ROM both have been disabled and now you're required to add the PAM plan. Sprint can do it. They're entittled to stop your stealing of their service lol

There are ways around it, if you do it manually instead of the easy phone feature. All you have to do is use it as a modem instead and dial the sprint data number (#777) and you are online. The phone still doesn't report that it is tethered, all they did was restrict an application feature via provisioning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a BB 8830WE on the SEP and use it as a modem all the time, never had to add it to the plan and it has always worked. I actually just always thought it was included.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm fairly new to this so I don't claim to be an expert by any means but I do take a very common sense approach to anything I deal with.  If you have the "Simply Everything" plan and you can access the web with unlimited surfing, then what is the difference whether you are doing it via your phone or through your phone via your laptop?  I don't see that it should be any skin off of a carrier's back?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look on crackberry.com for instructions on how to do it. Any Blackberry can do it, on just about any data plan.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat