cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve keyboard not working!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Curve keyboard not working!!!

Has anyone ever had issues with the buttons not working on their 8330?? I woke up yesterday to my phone ringing and me not being able to answer. My phone is on, and I can receive incoming calls but can't answer or have any of the buttons respond. The only thing I can do is roll the ball up and down & back and forth but it won't select any of my apps. Bought the phone back in October and am very frustrated that I paid $200.00 and now have to have a refurbished phone..

24 REPLIES 24
Wizard

Re: Blackberry Curve keyboard not working!!!

just walk into a sprint corp. store that has in house techs. they will play with it, figure out they cant repair it and issue you another one thru mail OR it will come to the store. i am going on my 4th bb curve 8350i since january... curve #2 the "G" button would not work..

Journeyman

I had that issue with my 8350i I had to get another handset. Call tech support to see if you need to get a service ticket before taking it into a service/repair center hope you have ins if not get it before you call in for support.

Journeyman

I have the order in to get a phone, but they said b/c it was past the 30 days they have to issue me a refurbished phone. Is this what happened to you as well?

Journeyman

This keyboard issue is terrible. 2 weeks ago my Curve would only respond to the trackball or show a message or call coming in. I could not answer a call or select anything with the trackball. I had some issues with getting a replacement. Got the new one and now that phone has stopped working with the exact same issue. Sometimes the T and G keys show up when other keys are pressed. Now I need to jump through hoops to get a 2nd replacement phone. I'm told this isn't a common issue, but come on: 2 dead keyboards in 2 weeks. I can honestly say this new phone has been handled very delicately.

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  I took it for repair at a sprint store & they didn't even try to fix it properly & just claimed that it was liquid damage even though I'm positive that liquid didn't touch this phone.  The rollerball works & the calls are coming in.

Did any of you have to pay the $100 charge to replace this phone or did the sprint store replace it free of charge? (Just trying to figure out if I got scammed at the store)

Journeyman

OMG YES YES YES!!!! I had my Red Curve for less than a month and I woke up to non working buttons. The phone was ringin and buzzin, woke me out my sleep but when I try to press answer I GOT NOTHING! I go to the repair center, and they give me crap about liquid damage. I was so mad cause I know i've never gotten the thing wet. Had tp pay the $100 deductable when I got the phone free in the first place... smh. Okay so I get this replacement which is refurbished.. this ones doin the same. So I go to the repair center and they fake fix the darn thing. It worked till I got home, soon as I get home and get ready to make calls and such the buttons don't work again. AAAAHHHH!!!! So i get on the phone with Sprint huffin and puffin... and of course they couldn't do anything for me but try to hurry up and tranfer me to Asurion. I don't wanna pay another $100 for ya know another crappy REFDURBISHED DEVICE! So I go back to a diff store. Okay they get the buttons workin the guy mentioned nothin of liquid damage. So a few weeks later, (like a few days ago) this BB disconnects itself from the network. Like i'll be in the middle of a call and the radio will turn off. Ok I pop the battery out, get the phone powered up and turn the radio on.... mins later its turns back off I'm like wtf maaan???!!!! Only thing Sprint can advise me to do is go to a stinkin repair center. I just don't know what to do. Really can't afford to buy a new phone rite now. Clearly we aren't the only people havin probs wit these phones, Sprint should replace these things for free or somethin.... mmm mm mm

Journeyman

I am having the same problem with my blackberry....non of the keys will work, I cant answer any calls the only this I can use is the trackball but i cnat click anything!!!!

Journeyman

Hi tiff,

Yes that really sucks, paying $200.00 for a phone and you need to get a refurbished phone.  That I can imagine would piss me off to, I'd be wanting to choke someone at sprint probably, I always have had free phones never paid for really good phones so I understand your frustrations and I know sprint realizes it to.  I've had over 5 refurbished phone with my rumor within a 1yr, but it was a free phone to extend another 2yr contract, still sucks when your phones don't work and you need to waste time and gas to go to a sprint store over a phone that should be dependable.  Good Luck tiff, your going about it right!

Journeyman

hey panav,

hanging in there hows your phone doing?  let me know about it thanks.

Journeyman

hey tiff, everything good with your bb now?  or still having some issues hope not?  let me know thank you.

Journeyman

I'm so disappointed with the blackberry I don't know what to do.  I was so excited.  I realized that the thing wasn't supposed to last forever but I didn't even make it to 2 years.    I have had the tracking ball replaced at least 4 times and now the keyboard has gone haywire and each time the "tech" has implied that this was my fault and of course I'm not eligible for my the full amount to replace the dang thing until November.

My fault I didn't buy the insurance, because all they do is give you a used phone....do I wish I had paid for the insurance now......Nope I should have bought the Iphone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat