cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry OS 5.0

Journeyman

Blackberry OS 5.0

Blackberry has released OS 5.0 long ago (Theyre even releasing 6.0 now) Why can't sprint users upgrade to 5.0? The curve 8330m IS supported and does work with the new OS, but it says that Sprint doesnt allow it. Anyone know WHY?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry OS 5.0

i have the regular ole 8330 no m or i attached to it but there is no 5.0 available for the sprint phones its available for all blackberrys past the 8330. the oldest model i saw sprint support for is the 8530i so yeah i guess they want us to upgrade. i am considering the bold or seeing if the 4g blackberry is still coming out in december

Journeyman

I have just talked with a tech rep from Sprint and she looked up possible reason for us not being able to load the 5.0 OS, the reason is most of the phones to include the 8330 do not have enough memory to support the application.  So that is the reason we cannot download the application the phone will not support it.

Journeyman

anybody know when the OS 6 is going to come out???????  whats taking so long!

Highlighted

I believe the Oxford has OS 6.0 and will be out 10/31 hopefully

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat