cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry OS Upgrade Stalled/stopped

Journeyman

Blackberry OS Upgrade Stalled/stopped

While syncing my BB (8350i) Iwas prompted to upgrade theOS on the phone. This started fine but stopped  about 4 hours ago at the "Erasing Applications" phase/state. The phone appears to have turned off and the installer apperas not to be doing anything.

I have cheched the BB website and there help makes this look beyond wonderful. All the ways I can figure to ask the question keep taking me to either how to upgrade the OS or BB Messager. Not if there is some issueor problem. Have recieved no replies in there forums.

Any help short of buying a new phone would be helpful. Because if I buy a new phone it will be an Android phone for sure.

Nick

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Blackberry OS Upgrade Stalled/stopped

If it helps try this solution :-Force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

To force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using the application loader tool, complete the following steps:

1. Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
  3. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
  4. Click Start under the Update Software heading.
  5. The Device Password dialog appears. If the BlackBerry smartphone is password enabled, enter the password. If the BlackBerry smartphone does not have a password, leave this field empty.
  6. Click OK.
  7. If prompted with a list of Available Updates, choose the latest software version by selecting the corresponding check box and then click Next.
  8. Click the Settings button under the Device backup and restore options.
  9. Make sure that the Back up device data automatically during the installation process check box is not selected.
  10. Make sure that the Delete all application data and Erase all currently installed applications check boxes are both selected.
  11. Click OK on the Settings dialog.
  12. Insert the battery into the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
  13. In the Application Loader wizard, click Next to proceed with the loading process.
  14. When the process is complete, the Application Loader wizard displays the following message: The loading operation was successful.
  15. Insert the memory card, if applicable.
  16. Close the Application Loader wizard
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat