cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Priv Release Date?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Blackberry Priv Release Date?

So, when is Sprint going to be releasing the Blackberry Priv? 

22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Priv Release Date?

I'd like an answer to that question too.  If Sprint isn't going to offer service for Blackberry Priv, they should just say so.

Journeyman

I called Customer Service to inquire about my options to cancel my contract ( I am on a grandfathered plan) and they asked why.  I told them about Blackberry Priv and that AT&T will offer the same plan price I am paying now, but with the monthly payment price of the device included.  I don't use that much data.  The dude put me on hold & checked with someone & said that they are expecting it soon and to wait at least by end on March.  I think they are BS-ing cus this is exactly the same spiel I got from them when I asked about the Blackberry Classic last year.  I guess they want their high school, selfie-taking client base.  Will it kill them to carry one "grown-up" device?  ****!

Journeyman

sprint is garbage thats why they are last you might as well goto another company they only care for i phones and galaxy phones but they will son find out that these phones can only get them so far ... people are switching to tmo or att they always get phones first!  cdma sucks  ! thats why sprint is last and always will be sprint needs to redo their network to gsm you would think they learned their lesson by now since tmobile blew by them they need to take lessons from john leger(tmo ceo)

Journeyman

Do not waste your time waiting, you will not get an honest answer from Sprint. I have been with sprint since 1999, and have been let down 99 percent of the time. I just spoke to 3 different representative yesterday, received the same answer Sprint is only pushing iphone, samsung and would not be selling anymore blackberry devices. Sprint is always last, the service is still not up to par despite all the improvement and money invested. I myself is looking to switch to another carrier that has there act together, who cares and listen to their customers. Sprint only have to blame them selves for not doing good in the wireless industry, due to poor decisions and strategies. Sprint has the wrong attitude about device choices, not everyone wants an Iphone and samsung devices.  we want be able to pay for something we want not what you want us to use. Sprint it is time to listen to your loyal customers or you risk loosing them to Tmobile, we want some blackberry devices and we want be push into paying for devices we do not care for.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like you have been a sprint customer for 20 years now. and have been waiting for the new Blackberry. Currently carrying the q10 and it is Ok but would love to try the new Priv. Verizon Has it and are offering me big money to switch all my lines to them. I am about ready to do so.

Good Luck

TC

Journeyman

f-sprint then ! bunch of liars i am switching to t mobile then at least now i will get the phone choices i want not sprint that stupid listening tour that the ceo had was crap ! no improvements  at all! its time to switch my lines too i gave the ceo one chance and he f-ed up yet again .

Journeyman

I believe at this point all one can do is to switch carrier and get the device we want not what sprint wants. I have spoken to escalation department yesterday, they do not have a answer . We have been more than patient with Sprint despite all the network issues, i do not believe we are asking much from them. We just want at least the blackberry Priv as an option  as it was stated at the CES show in January. I stress it out to Sprint yesterday, that if they keep ignoring their loyal customers, they will end up loosing them to T-mobile. Maybe we should start another petition for Sprint to respond. The new Ceo is trying very hard to make a differrence, but they need to do more and they to start listening to their loyal customers or risk loosing them to T-mobile.

Journeyman

I switched to tmobile already as very quickly with no trouble I got the BlackBerry priv service is great I can talk and use data at the same time

Journeyman

I just chatted with a customer service rep a few days ago and was initially told he "wasn't sure when or even if the Priv would be offered" and that I should contact sales if I needed more information. At that point I told the rep I was frustrated with Sprint for not providing concrete information on the phone that I wanted and that I would be leaving sprint for ATT or Verizon. Upon saying that the rep then said they would definitely be getting the PRIV but they didn't have a release date yet. Odd that a he had just told me that he wasn't sure if it would even be offered, I told him I was leaving Sprint and then suddenly it was definitely going to be offered. He then gave me the number to telesales.

I called telesales and asked when they would be getting the Priv. The rep asked me to spell it which I proceeded to do. He repeated "P...R...I...Z?" I spelled it again and he started that he had never heard of the phone and asked who made it. Upon telling him it was a BB he said he had nothing in his system regarding the phone and asked if I was interested in a Galaxy.

Sprint customer service is a complete joke. I'd prefer honest answers instead of them misleading their customers or not providing any information at all. I'm giving them until the end of April to provide some sort of definite info regarding the Priv. If they are unable to do so at that point they will lose a customer of 17 years.

Journeyman

Sorry to say but Sprint will no longer take the BlackBerry PRIV. JM 

GrandMaster

by the time it was ok for any of the other carriers to pick it up wouldnt it be technically outdated by a year compared to anything new they might be releasing?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat