Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Priv Release Date?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Priv Release Date?

I just received this from Sprint.

Hey there, we understand your concerns. Unfortunately, we would no longer be offering this device. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If any thing changes we will definitely let you know. For further information on other devices please visit https://t.co/3s2OgXMqo5 or you can go to the nearest Sprint store. - SS

Journeyman

Officially got confirmation from that they'll carry BlackBerry Priv in their product portfolio. A date and price will launch soon. Check @NidhinOttatheng

Journeyman

I "officially" received confirmation yesterday that they were not going to be carrying it. I have spoken with a half a dozen Sprint employees over the past several days and receive different answers from all of them. Basically, they don't know a [inappropriate word removed] thing and tell you whatever they feel like making up at the time.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

OK, so I called Sprint while I was in an AT&T store to see for the last time if they were going to carry BB Priv or any BB devices in general.  The lady sounded very unsure, but said she has heard something about it, but does not know the exact release date as of yet.  I expressed my disappointment and told her that the AT&T sales rep needed to know my account number to transfer services over.  She offered me to speak to her supervisor, I declined and then told me that I still am on a grandfathered plan that they can offer me $150 off a new device.  I regret that I may have been rude to her and asked her why she doesn't comprehend that I want a BB, why would I think money off a new device that isn't a BB would be attractive to me.  Anyway, I switched to AT&T and got my BB Priv!!!  Will take some playing around with to get used to, but I am pretty excited!  Sprint just lost a very faithful and great customer for 11 years, because carrying one different device apparently is of great difficulty to them.  Good bye Sprint, it's been real!!

Journeyman

I have been unable to start a new discussion under "BlackBerry", so I posted under "Devices", but...

Per Sprint Chat and verified via phonecon to Sprint Customer Services, Sprint will not carry/offer the Priv. The effective date on the internal sales memo (quoted to me on Sprint Chat) was 05 April 2016.

Journeyman

ceo of blackberry made it official they will sprint will not get the priv  so that means sprint didnt care for  people who wanted the priv   but iknow other carries do so after 15 years with sprint dont care i went to t mobile  and got the phone i   wanted   and i can use volte which none of sprint phones have

Journeyman

sprint lied to thier customers they are pushing the samsung phones and i phones beacuse they gambled and spent a ton of money in which they are trying to make back and in the process those phones are crippled anyway try to talk and use data at the same time 

Journeyman

It is nothing new, but business as usual. Sprint knew from the beginning they had no intention of selling blackberry devices, but yet they keep on telling their loyal customers a lie hoping they could have us change our mind and get one of the devices they keep pushing. It is very said to see after all these years Sprint can not figure out how to run this company and make the right choices.The only things that is to do  is to move on to another carrier that understand and cares about their customers where we would be able to get the device of our Choice. T-mobile seems to understand and know how to make things happen, and who wants to be with a looser. Sorry Sprint we try and try, but you are causing us to move our business to your competitors and making them stronger which will make it even harder for you to compete. Sprint is always last, i was hoping by now after all these years and mistakes they would learn  but no. Enough of your empty promises and dishonesty.

Journeyman

Well I finally did it last night. I walked into Verizon and came out with the BB Priv. Great device so far and no regrets. I know Verizon's service will be better so no worries there either. I spent 17 years as a Sprint customer and finally got fed up enough to leave. During this time I stuck with Sprint through almost two years of "upgrades" that resulted in no noticeable difference in 4g coverage. Was lied to many, many, many times about their upgrades, reasons for poor service and phones they would be getting but never did. How do I know they lied so often?? Because I would call back and speak with different representatives and get completely different answers. Sprint's customer service used to be excellent up until about 5-6 year ago. I'm not sure what happened at that point but everything about this company is a complete joke now. Uneducated customer service reps, poor service, lack of coverage...I can't believe I didn't leave sooner.

Journeyman

I'm still keeping hope alive lol I went into a sprint store last week and she advised me sprint was going to carry the new blackberry priv but after reading all of these reviews i guess I was lied to also.

Highlighted
Master

At this time, we do not have an availability date to share for bringing a smartphone from BlackBerry into our device lineup.

For the latest in Devices, Apps and Announcements you can visit our Newsroom clicking this link, http://sprint.co/1iwLZpn

Stay tuned!

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat