cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Storm

Highlighted

Blackberry Storm

I have been following the progress of the Storm since I got my Curve. A couple of weeks ago, I found out that it was going to become a Verizon only phone. But I ask, because Verizon uses CDMA like Sprint, If I were to buy a storm without the contract, Would I be able to get it unlocked and activated on the sprint network like some people do with t-mobile and the iPhone?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I would also like to know when the Storm will be available on the Now Network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Currently the latest 3 blackberry's are all provider exclusive's. Sprint is getting the new IDEN Blackberry, while Verizon get's the storm and AT&T get's the bold. This is one of the reason's blackberry's profits were so low because of all the R&D and new model release's it has been making to become more competative with iphone, Palm, and window's devices.

Currently Sprint only except's Sprint branded phone's for activation on the network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wouldn't worry too much about Verizone getting the Storm first! Let thier customers deal with the bugs of the 1 gen phone... I'm sure that we will be getting it next year sometime

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm 100% sure that we will be getting the Storm eventually! I refuse to belive that RIM wouldn't let a device as awsome as the Storm go to just once carrier forever! I played with one, and I must say it's a **bleep** fine piece! But even I in the 10 min I had found some issues

The UI was slow

The touchscreen was hit or miss on some apps

(both of these maybe because it was activated minutes before it was handed to me)

But I loved the phones, and hope that all the bugs are gone by the time we get ours!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat