cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Style 9670 -- bluetooth issues?

Journeyman

I had my sweet little flipfone replaced within three weeks for Bluetooth issues and now my second is also having issues maintaining or recognizing my Jawbone....I have two!   Anyone else?  I'm trying to determine if this is simply me or if this particular style of phone is weak in this area.  It also seems to freeze every once in a while.  Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

this phone is a piece of garbage - i would highly suggest looking for a new one. Good idea, maybe, but very poor execution. I am getting ready to purchase a different phone at retail just to get my wife out of the Style. Easily RIMs worst product.

Master

TinseltownGal  What is your Jawbone Bluetooth headset model number?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is a Jawbone ICON...I don't see a model number.

Master

Re: Blackberry Style 9670 -- bluetooth issues?

Follow this Pairing steps and let me know.

Pairing the Jawbone ICON to Your Cell Phone

1. Put your phone into pairing mode

This can usually be accomplished by going under settings in your menu and selecting Bluetooth. Follow the prompts to "find a new device." If you are having problems, refer to your phone's user guide.

2. Put your Jawbone ICON into pairing mode

The first time you turn your Jawbone ICON on it will immediately go into pairing mode. If you need to manually put the Jawbone into pairing mode, start with headset off (slide the power switch to OFF, the position where you cannot see the blue indicator). Press and hold the button on the back of the headset and slide the power switch to ON. Continue to hold down the button until you see the LED light flash red and white (the LED surrounds the little rubber piece that rests against your cheek, then release the talk button. The headset is now in pairing mode.

3. Select device and enter in universal key

Your phone may or may not ask you to enter in a key code. If it does, the code is always four zeros: 0000

4. You are paired up!

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Style 9670 -- bluetooth issues?

I have the style and it's paired with a plantronics voyager pro plus, and haven't had a problem in a year now. It might be your jawbone...

Journeyman

My Blackberry Style is my 4th BB and IT WILL BE THE LAST! OS6 for one is loaded with flaws.The phone freezes constantly. I mean 60% of the time. Unfortunately my husband and I both opted for the Style and his phone was replaced because it rarely worked. I am going to demand another BRAND of phone. This was the last straw: Last Wednesday as I was coming up the steps to my door a gang gun battle began right out front. I was lying flat on my front porch as rapid fire rounds hit a car parked 12 feet away in front of my residence.It contuned for about 2 full minutes. MY BB STYLE WAS FROZEN and I was unable to call 911. I also witnessed an elderly lady who had lost control of her car along the river. I was the only person nearby and once again my BB was frozen and I was unable to phone for help. I AM HAPPY to see RIM stock price is in the gutter.

Journeyman

ABSOLUTELY and it has actually placed my life in danger. RIM be damned.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat