Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Style (9670)

Journeyman

Blackberry Style (9670)

So, just curious but my current phone, a Samsung Intrepid, is sooo on its last leg and I was looking on a non-upgrade purchase to get by. I've been a Windows phone guy for the past three phones I've had but am open to change. My wife LOVES her Blackberry (maybe more than me) and I was thinking of grabbing a Blackberry Style 9670 off eBay for under $100. I know Sprint doesn't sell these anymore but I was just wondering if there was an obvious reason for that? Are they just fundamentally bad from a Blackberry standpoint or is there something else I should be aware of before dropping $100? Just wondering if there's something I'm missing about why Sprint only sold these for a bit....

Thanks!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

I'm not really sure of any specific problems prompting us to no longer actively sell the Blackberry Style. I did, however, want to chime in and let you know, when purchasing a device from a third party source, always call us to make sure the ESN (Electronic Serial Number) is cleared to be activated. There are a few things such as, the device being tied to another account, or having been reported lost or stolen, that can prevent us from activating it. I hope this helps!

-Donnie

Journeyman

Thanks! I know there's always a risk with getting a 3rd party device unfortunately. Some are honest, some....not so much . I am just trying to connect the dots on an increase in B-Berry Style phones on eBay and the fact that Sprint no longer sells them. I'm not expecting 100% support if I buy a 3rd party device (I understand the risk) but was hoping to get a little insight on why they are not sold anymore or if there's something I should know before I even think about it....

I appreciate any advice!!

Wizard

I've always found that phonescoop.com has very non-biased reputable reviews for any phone you're looking for.  I work in technical support and honestly I hadn't received many calls for issues for the style other than some minor software bugs that have been addressed with software updates.  But here's a link to phonescoop's reviews if you are interested in checking it out. http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_reviews.php?phone=2984

Journeyman

Much appreciated!

Journeyman

I have the 9670 and enjoy it.  I wasn't ready for the all touch screen and was an avid butt and toe dialer. LOL  It has served it's purpose for me and brought me forward  into the new age. if you plan to use your phone for  updates and locations i would go for a different phone however, I constantly have to ask for my daughter to search for things on  her Evo Shift.

Journeyman

I really like my BB Style 9670. I bought it in November of 2010 and it is still working fine.  I personally like the design but, I think the main reason BlackBerry stopped making them was because not many people liked the design.  It's too bad , it's a great little phone.

Wizard

It was sold for some time but the whole flip phone design did not catch on with BB users, who are used to the candy bar design with keyboard available all the time. BB users are primarily messaging users, rather than web or app users.

I thought the phone was very good-looking.

Journeyman

I had this "smartphone" for 9 months omg what a disaster!!!!!!!!!  After NUMEROUS emails, phone calls to sprint and store visits and begging them to give me an early upgrade I decided to cut my loses and cancelled my account and got the Galaxy S II with another carrier. Sure this phone is great if you use it as a cellphone and not as a smartphone. It just took months for sprint to remove the sytle from thier store shelves. I say stand by your product and customers sprint, but I guess they don't think the same. BOTTOM LINE STAY AWAY FROM BB STYLE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat