Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Tour 2... 9650...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Tour 2... 9650...

here is a small part from the Chat with sprint section where they mention it

Ace: Will Sprint be getting any blackberries with wifi this year?
David: today sprint offers the BB tour which includes wifi.
David: hang on a minute i went a little fast, we are adding wifi to tour and will have other bb products that include wifi going forward
Its almost the end of the year and no sign of the Tour with WIFI.
According to CB site the tour 2 is suppose to add wifi and replace the trackball with a touchpad.
SO WHERE IS IT ?? i dont want a 8530 with REV 0.. i want a 9650 rev Ave.. 

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Journeyman

Heard tour 2 is coming out this summer with wifi

Highlighted
Journeyman

here is the problem i have a tour and i was told when i bought the phone that a update was coming to add wifi other wise i would not have purchased the phone now there saying that i would have to buy the tour 2 to get wifi  thats wrong who has the money to buy a new blackberry every 6 months

Highlighted
Journeyman

Were you given this misinformation by a Customer Service representative?  I am returning my Blackberry Tour because it is incompatible with my current phone and have been told that it is impossible to remotely upload my currently stored data.  I am returning the Blackberry Tour without any penalty charges assessed.  Just tell them what you expect from the poor service and information provided.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wmscott2k9 wrote:

here is the problem i have a tour and i was told when i bought the phone that a update was coming to add wifi other wise i would not have purchased the phone now there saying that i would have to buy the tour 2 to get wifi  thats wrong who has the money to buy a new blackberry every 6 months

Whoever told you a update would "add WiFi" was seriously on PCP when they went to work that day.

WiFi is all hardware. Your phone either has it, or it doesn't. That's like saying, "OS 5.0 will give us a 10mp camera with xenon flash, and a 1080p display."

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's out now.  we just ordered 2 of them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Really? You ordered 2 9650's, not 9630's? From where?

Highlighted
Patron

Please tell me who to contact to order 9650!!!    Are you really serious about ordering 2 9650's?  Thanks

Message was edited by: shelfly

Highlighted
Journeyman

did u really order 2 of them?

Highlighted
Patron

Here is the latest news given to me by a reliable (Corporate) Sprint employee.  The 9650 is supposed to be released for purchase through Sprint the end of March. There were some "issues" that needed fixed, and now all that needs to happen is to train the reps who sell the phone.      I am having a hard time believing the person who posted that they already ordered 2 9650's from sprint, unless they are in a test program, or related to Dan Hesse.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't put too much stock in the above prediction. It may be true and it may not. Crackberry.com is full of forum threads about when the 9650 is going to be released, what it's going to be called and whether the prerelease test/eval units that have shown up since November look anything like what will actually hit the market. There are dozens of "reliable info" posts supposedly obtained from Sprint and/or Verizon internal sources, corporate or otherwise, none of which agrees with the others. The basic fact is that no one knows nuthin', especially Sprint reps and salespeople, who are often the last to know. If it shows in March, great, but it may well not be out until May or even midsummer, or never (some rumors say it's been scrapped completely), depending on which rumor-of-the-day you want to believe.

Highlighted
Patron

In response to Alfista's post.  You are probably right..  "dont believe nothin bout' nothin".  But unless you are higher in the Corporate realm than I know my friend is (at Sprint), I think I will take their word for it this time.  And if they dont release the 9650 at the last minute.. well, it is not the end of the world, now is it?  For now, I have something to look forward to..   I guess in the grand scheme of things.. its about how you live your life each day, and I dont think the release of the 9650 will make or break it.  I just thought this site was for sharing information and I was sharing what I heard.  Take it for what it is worth, and have a nice day.  By the way, if you read these blogs and dont think anyone knows what they are talking about, why do you waste your time?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat