cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Tour 2 (Essex)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Tour 2 (Essex)

I was recently in New York (2 weeks ago) at a medical convention to which I saw Sprint as an Exhibitor.  I have been with Sprint for over 10 years and we have had our ups and downs as any relationship.  Anyway, I spoke with one of their Regional Sales Managers about why they were there, etc and we started talking about phones specifically my Blackberry Tour and how its been replaced three times and all of the known issues that you guys already know, we than moved on to talk about the new Tour 2 (Essex) and he said that the phone will be released in April around tax time.  He said that Sprint is aware of all of the issues with the original Tour and they are counting alot on the TOUR 2 with the WIFI, trackpad among other things to help with sales.  He said its the same exact form factor as the Tour but with better add ons obviously.

I do not know if he is right or not but he did say with confidence that it would be released in April 2010.

Will you get a Blackberry Tour 2 when it comes out?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry Tour 2 (Essex)

I am so glad I went thru posts and unanswered questions! If others would do that instead of asking the same question 20 different ways.... You have some good info, hope the man was right!!! I'm waiting for it!!! I have the BB8350i and I want better coverage area and 3G speed. I saw in another post that someone ordered 2 of them today... I haven't seen anything online about them being out, not even on BlackBerry.com...

Message was edited by: mistylh67

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought my blackberry 8350 on tuesday march 2nd, I asked the sales representative if the Blackberry tour 2 was coming out soon and he said no.  Now I hear April.  I do not want to get stuck with this phone, what should I do when the Tour 2 comes out.  How do I get them to give me the tour 2 upon its release not at retail price?

Highlighted
Journeyman

You do havea 30 day trial period, if you find out that it is definitely in April, then trade it back and get the new one at the upgrade price. If you find out it won't be released until after your trial period,then give it back, get your old phone activated and wait til the Tour 2 comes out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I left Sprint about 2 weeks ago because I got impatient waiting on a replacement for my Tour.

I came back as of 03/09/10 because no one has a plan as affordable as Sprint. So worrying

about the Tour 2 and getting impatient was a petty reason to leave . NOW !!!!! I will have patience

and wait for it. So the answer to your question " Will you get the Tour 2 "  Absolutely .......

AQ

Journeyman

If you still have your old phone you can take the new phone back and turn the old phone back on until the new Tour 2 is released and Sprint will reset your eligibility . AQ

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat