Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Tour - How do I unlock for International usage?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Tour - How do I unlock for International usage?

I'm hoping someone can help.  I am traveling abroad and want to use a local SIM card with my Blackberry Tour.  But, now I find that I needed to have my Tour unlocked before traveling.  I'm in Singapore now and no one here knows how to make the local SIM cards work because they do not know how to unlock the phone.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Of course, when I bought the phone, Sprint said that all their phones were unlocked and could work int'l by installing a local SIM card (in this case, Starhub).

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

From what I've heard the first shipments (prior to manufacturing defect fixes) require a call to Sprint Customer Service to be unlocked. Sprint Tours manufactured from mid-August on are supposedly already unlocked.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat