cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Tour USB drive - Mac OSX help

Highlighted
Journeyman

Blackberry Tour USB drive - Mac OSX help

My wife has a Blackberry Tour 9630 and both of our computers are older Macs running 10.4.11.  I plugged the phone into the USB drive to add some files to the memory card. The phone shows up in system profiler as a USB attachment, but the drive does not show up in the finder. Do I just need a driver and if so where would I find one? I have scoured the interenet with no luck so far. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the mac doesnt necessarily use "drivers" per se. Do you have the latest version of pocketmac installed on your mac? If not you can download it from here: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20623. This should at least get the mac to recognize the Tour. If that fails, send me a PM or reply to this post and we will check for other solutions.

Best regards,

Lefty

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Lefty,

Thanks for the reply. However, I checked out the link and all the download buttons send me to http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/desktop_mac.jsp ... unfortunately the application it sends me too is not compatible with my computer (Power Mac G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11). Nor am I able to upgrade my machine to 10.5 as it is a little dated to say the least. I understand if there are not really any options, but would definitely appreciate any further advice.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah it seems to be some sort of "driver" issue. I ran a test myself to see if it would recognize in iTunes, but it failed to load it. So, until someone (be it RIM or another user) comes up with a solution to this, the best I can say is to use a card reader to transfer the music, which is a lot faster than transferring by USB cable. I wil try to find another solution, and if I do, it will be posted here. Until then....

Best regards,

Lefty

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat