cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry or Android Hero ??????????????

Journeyman

Blackberry or Android Hero ??????????????

I currently have a blackberry curve 8330, and I have been stalking the new HTC Hero for the past two months.  Now I see that very soon they will be releasing the blackberry curve 8530.  I just need some opinions on what is the better phone.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry or Android Hero ??????????????

I would say go with the HTC since the BB's seem to all be having speaker issues and Sprint or BB are not doing anything to resolve the problems just suggesting new phones!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Might be a little late in your case, but I spoke with a Sprint rep on the phone tonight, and while I was very polite, I also made it very clear that I was on my second Hero and was unhappy (slow performance, inconsistent behavior, and dust behind the screen's lens).  I also told him that I would have gotten a Blackberry had Sprint offered one with WiFi (just a must-have for me in a new smart phone), and he said I was in luck: The 8530 (Curve2) goes on sale for Sprint December 18th, well within my return period for the Hero, which is still slow, buggy, and is also getting dust under the screen's lens.  Bad batch of Heroes?  Maybe, but I doubt it based on the complaints about these things in Sprint's very own forums.

I think I'll enjoy a simpler phone (8530) that does what I need it to do better than a bunch of stuff I don't need it to do.

Journeyman

I have just returned my HTC Hero Phone today. The Hero is an excellent phone, fast, good camera, lots of applications, feels good and strong in the hands but with exception of getting dust under the screen and for the price you paid for it this is unacceptable. But if you don’t care about that the phone is an excellent choice 2nd after the Blackberry.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat