cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry z10 C'mon MAN!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Blackberry z10 C'mon MAN!

This evening I spoke with Ryan at customer support.  Ryan was patient and respectful.  He represented Sprint (meaning iPhone) very well.  Unfortunately, Ryan does not make decisions regarding which phones Sprint will carry. I made this call as a final attempt to try and keep my current Sprint service. My family has enjoyed great service from Sprint and never had a complaint until now. In fact, we left another carrier for the superior family plan available from Sprint.  However, as a long time Blackberry user (15 yrs.), I cannot express to you how disappointed I am to learn that Sprint will not give their customers an option to purchase the new Blackberry Z10 but instead has decided to carry only the Q10. I have made several inquiries to Sprint regarding the Blackberry 10 phones since the announcement was made that Blackberry was going to revamp their operating system and offer new innovative phones to Blackberry users.  I patiently waited to upgrade my cell phone in anticipation for the Z10 release to learn my wait and loyalty to Sprint was in vain. I simply cannot understand why Sprint has decided to deny its customers the option of the Blackberry Z10. Every inquiry I have made regarding the Blackberry Z10 has resulted in an attempt to sell me an iPhone. I do not now, nor have I ever, desire to own an iPhone and feel insulted that employees feel that an iPhone will appease my disappointment in not being offered the Z10 by Sprint.  I was even willing to pay full price for the unlocked phone - and - sign a 2 year contract to have the Z10 and stay with Sprint; but that is not an option either. After conducting my research of other carriers and multiple calls to Sprint, I have decided to leave Sprint and go to another carrier that offers the Z10.  I believe upper management has made a crucial error in deciding to limit the options their customers have in their choice of phones.  I hope Sprint will reconsider their decision and will listen to the customers and OFFER THEM WHAT THEY TRULY WANT!

Journeyman

There are so many of us who have expressed the same feelings. Hope you decided to go VW as you will like fact they are CDMA like Sprint. Being a phone guy, I can hear the tin canny sound on T-Mobile and AT&T GSM networks. So far I have no regrets. And in case you don't know. Best buy has the easiest process to port your number to any carrier.

Journeyman

If what you say is true, I'm glad that all 5 lines on my plan are no longer under contract because I will have to change to a carrier that supports the Z10.  No question here.  I will wait a couple of months to let Sprint sort it out but after that my $400 a month is gone.  Sad to think that after being a customer with 5 lines for 7 years, that I am not important to Sprint.  I would no sooner buy and iPos than a flip phone, I will not be bullied by the folks in the marketing department who are so happy to finally being able to carry Apple products after being shunned by Apple for years. 

I as a customer of sprint have been locked out of Apple phones for how many years???  I have been betrayed by Apple and now I'm supposed to be GLAD??? Oh boy, now I too can finally have an Apple Phone....... Stick It, like you stuck it to me Apple.

BTW, I am writing this on my MacBook Pro,, best computer in the world,,, but iPhone??? NO WAY, not ever just because of the AT&T exclusivity deal!!!!   In Fact AT&T can Stick it too, I won't be changing to them.

I know, I know, I need a therapist,,, doesn't change anything.

Journeyman

I am waiting until my contract is up in August and I will be leaving Sprint also. I have tolerated horrible signal strength at my home and office for quite awhile. The straw that broke the camel's back is Sprint's failure to offer the latest BB phone Z10 and not giving clear information on when the Q10 will be released. As a dedicated BB user, I say enough is enough.

Journeyman

Yeah, my contract is up in August as well... I'm due for an upgrade in June... I'm sure Q10 will be here by then, but I'm sure that Im wanting a full screen touch BB10 phone.  If Sprint doesn't have a high quality BB10 Phone by the time my contract is up... or if there is no insight into one coming soon, I. Will. Be. Leaving. Sprint.

The only reason I haven't left is because Sprint literally has the best plan pricing in the US.  I'm not liking this trade off sh!t.  Its either unlimited data with crappy 3G coverage and good pricing... or good coverage and crappy pricing.  I want Sprint to be the best of all worlds and they would have the business if they were.  Try to compete and not just do what everyone else does.  C'mon Sprint; BB10 is an amazing platform. Jump on now and you won't be disappointed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey fellow BB users, turn your attention towards the new BBQ-10. This phone is touch and we still have our key board. I was just like all of you and considered leaving sprint because our carrier didnt want to carry the BB Z-10. Bummer, i was pretty upset about that. I'm going with the Q-10 now and taking with sprint.

Journeyman

I'm hopeing it will be worth the wait! I've checked other carriers and they are limiting you on data. aka Throttling you down.

Journeyman

im going to cry now :'(

Journeyman

You should not have to worry about data being limited by other plans, BlackBerry compresses their data so where you are using 50k for a web page on Android or iPhone it is less than 1/2 for the same web page on BlackBerry, sometimes even as much as 1/4 the data because Blackberry uses Gzip to compress.

See article

http://ourberries.com/2012/06/08/blackberry-featuring-datasmart-technology/

Journeyman

Absolutely Crazy! I am just like all of you, been here for many many yrs and always had BB.  Not sure what to do it is frustrating To say the least.  I want to leave Sprint however i have my children on here in contract. Not to mention I doubt they care!

Journeyman

Goodbye!!!!! I have just transferred my number after 8 years. My Verizon Blackberry Z10 was delivered today and as soon as I opened the box I had my number transferred. ADIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tired of these boring phones on this 3G network even though my phone says 4G. WHO CARES IF YOU OFFER UNLIMITED DATA IF THE DATA DOESNT WORK 80% OF THE TIME!!!

Journeyman

Goodbye!!!!! I have just transferred my number after 8 years. My Verizon Blackberry Z10 was delivered today and as soon as I opened the box I had my number transferred. ADIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tired of these boring phones on this 3G network even though my phone says 4G. WHO CARES IF YOU OFFER UNLIMITED DATA IF THE DATA DOESNT WORK 80% OF THE TIME!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat