cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a Blacklisted Blackberry Phone? Am I screwed?

Highlighted
Patron

Bought a Blacklisted Blackberry Phone? Am I screwed?

Hello I recently bought a Blacklisted phone (Someone didnt pay their bill!)  from where else of course the internet and am not sure what I can do with it? is there anything I can do with this phone? or would it be useful to someone else or a different provider? If someone can tell me what my options are with a blacklisted phone that would be great I have also heard of flashing but dont know anything about it Can someone please help I would be more then grateful Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Bought a Blacklisted Blackberry Phone? Am I screwed?

If it was lost or stolen in the first place, you'll need to contact its assigned carrier (if it's Sprint, call 'em up),  This blacklisting is in effect to protect the original holder of the phone from fraud. 

I'd try the seller first.  Was it his?

Once you've squared up with both sides, Sprint should be able to link you up.  You'll also need to update/reload the BlackBerry OS to update the number stored in ROM (I did so with VZW and one of their phones when it was donated to my company).

--NA

Wizard

Re: Bought a Blacklisted Blackberry Phone? Am I screwed?

If the ESN is not clean it could be difficult (not worth the time).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat