cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boy Genius reporting Tour hitting VZW on July 12

Highlighted
Journeyman

Boy Genius reporting Tour hitting VZW on July 12

Sprint needs to get on it and make their announcement, or at the very least "leak" something out before the official announcement.

People holding out for this phone very well could jump ship if they are able to get it in a couple of weeks with no word of a date from Sprint at that time.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Boy Genius reporting Tour hitting VZW on July 12

I won't be jumping, VZW provides no coverage, just as AT&T has no bars where I live. It would be nice if Sprint would either leak something, or officially announce something.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Come on wengland Got any dirt?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ya, Verizon's CEO had no qualms stealing Sprint's thunder when he hinted they would have the Pre next year... how about Sprint returns the favor?

Highlighted
Master

Anyone read the Inside Sprint Now blog about the Tour? Just saying...

Highlighted
Journeyman

@halcyoncmdr wrote:
Anyone read the Inside Sprint Now blog about the Tour? Just saying...

Just read it, says the 20th. To bad I am leaving 3 days earlier for another 2 months down under. I guess it is off to get a new SIM Card for the old 8830.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read it as well, plus all the other sites out there that report on rumor and speculation.

One thing holding me off on the Tour though is I am hearing no wi-fi. After having the Pre and getting to use my wi-fi on it, I will say that is a deciding factor in future phone purchases.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@MontanaXVI wrote:

I read it as well, plus all the other sites out there that report on rumor and speculation.

One thing holding me off on the Tour though is I am hearing no wi-fi. After having the Pre and getting to use my wi-fi on it, I will say that is a deciding factor in future phone purchases.

Really? I'm more concerned about wifi draining the battery on a device and would likely turn off WiFi unless I had no signal. If I had no signal I wouldn't be on my phone anyway and would use my laptop on the WiFi if available. Granted I've never had a phone with WiFi, what is it that you do with your phone via wifi that you couldn't do with your data connection over EVDO?

Highlighted
Master

bmoore wrote:

@MontanaXVI wrote:

Really? I'm more concerned about wifi draining the battery on a device and would likely turn off WiFi unless I had no signal. If I had no signal I wouldn't be on my phone anyway and would use my laptop on the WiFi if available. Granted I've never had a phone with WiFi, what is it that you do with your phone via wifi that you couldn't do with your data connection over EVDO?

Wifi when available actually uses less power overall than an EvDO connection for internet activity. If there is no usable Wifi signal however, turn it off so it doesn't drain the battery constantly searching for a signal to use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint needs to start working with RIM to get us a phone that doesn't have Verizon's fingerprints all over it. The original Tour models tested had WiFi. How about a Sprint exclusive Blackberry for once? No instead Sprint has it's head up the arse of Palm and HTC pushing shoddy hardware and Windows Mobile garbage on us. That OS sucks no matter how many devices you shove it in. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if most of your smartphones users are on Blackberry, then get us newer and better Blackberries quicker.... Once AT&T 3G actually has a decent footprint they will have better technology than CDMA2000 and provide a real alternative to us who have stuck with Sprint for the great data capability, and they can do it while talking on the phone at the same time. And I fear that the 4G WiMax solution is going to pigeon hole us again because everyone else is going LTE, so you won't even have Verizon to piggy back off of for phones. I fear that after I buy my Tour, this may be my last two years with Sprint as the future isn't looking to hot and by then other providers will have a comparable solution and when they figure out that pricing is the only thing keeping Sprint customers around and drop their prices it will be over.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bmoore wrote:

@MontanaXVI wrote:

It isn't that you can do anything with WiFi thay you can't do with 3G just it is faster, plus I have heard many times that WiFi uses less battery than being on the 3G network, also if you don't have a WiFi connection it just rolls over to EVDO

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat