cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this 9016 contract killing text message be fixed???

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can this 9016 contract killing text message be fixed???

I am one of the most patient customers i feel when it comes to phones with glitches, but i feel the need to find a sprint email adminstrative address so i can sooth the desire to constantly forward these texs back to sprint so they can see how annoying they are. ive had the 8350i so i know problems very well but to go through this just makes me want my old phone back on which i cant do cause my thirty days are up,yea thats the kinda luck i role with i know it sucks but ya get use to it. i have the  9670 style. And in case you dont know what i mean the 9016 is a tex that repeats a message that you have a voice message but leaves no way to retrieve. it comes in over and over and over and over did i mention over? sprint fix this please. the 9670 wasnt the most popular for us but some of us chose it for individual reasons and want it to work.

Message was edited by lynyrdj

Message was edited by: lynyrdj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What can stop 9016 contract killer!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain!!!!!!!  The only way to fix the problem is to reset the damn Visual Voice Mail application.

Follow these steps and your nightmare should end:

*Go into your Visual Voice Mail application,

* Press the Menu key, and chose Options,

* Press and hold the ALT key while typing irmi.

*You will get this message:  Do you want to reset Visual Voice mail?. YES!!!!!!!!

* Resend

*Then you have to select your Inbox preference

*Chose the option: Show voice mails IN BOTH the main messages List and the Visual Voice Mail application.

You are all set. Now here is the key:

NEVER EVER delete messages from your VVM application again  !!!! Do it from the Inbox.

Congrats!!!  You have saved useless trips to Sprints stores and calls to Sprint technical support.

Enjoy your BB Style again.

Peace!

Mark

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Journeyman

JOIN the crowd.... they say they dont know how to fix it.. and now more and more customers are getting hit with it.. mine has been doing this for 4 WEEKS.... and after 20 reps going over and over and over from the beginning.. NO  ONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT....... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!! THIS SUCKS...

Highlighted
Journeyman

i was beginning to wonder if any one had the same problem. i feel your pain but until they do fix it which i am constantly calling on, if you have a blackberry as well go to your firewall and set it to contacts only for receiving tex at least this will tie you over this works for me and i have os6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I have been a client of Sprints since the 1990's.  My wife made the suggestion for us to get the new 9170 BackBerry Smart Phone.  While I like the phone, the issue with it sending me a 9016 test message over and over is getting unbearable. I called Sprint Business yesterday and they said it was an issue with software and for me to take the phone to a Sprint Service  Center to have it reflashed.  Knowing something about electronics, I am dubious as to why this the firmware would be an issue with the phone since it has the most up to date firmware that was uploaded by Sprint's update software about 2 weeks ago.  Second, I need my phone; my job requires me to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  I really don't have the luxury to keep after this issue.  Frankly, I have many of my own issue to work on.  Plain and simple, Spint has a software issue with their network.  This needs to solve it right away.  I want to know the containment action and the permanent corrective action.  Apparently from this blog, I am not the only one having this problem. First, I want an engineer to contact me from their tech support so we address the issue.  Second, I want a report as why the problem happened in the first place, and last this report should be sent to the management at sprint to make sure it does not happen again.

With respect,

Joseph M. Huk, Jr., P.E.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

As an update, my phone is a Black Berry 9670.  I stand corrected.  The issue is happening every 23 minutes past the hour, every hour, 24 hours aday.  Can someone from Sprint please advise.

With respect,

Joseph Huk

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

This is the contents of the 9016 message .  Hopefully that will help in the reslution of the issue.

${from} has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call ${callbackno}.                                    CFGs0.0=10625f6dee1eb6f682649p/HYB9E//CM

With respect,

Joseph M. Huk, Jr.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sorry to hear that you are one of the many. i have managed to get a hold of a advanced tech support person. they pulled a ticket on it and whatever that is i dont know but they did return a call to get more info on it so it felt like to me that things where taken a turn. hopefully that will get the ball rollin. how ever there is something you can do in the mean time while your calling them to which i highly recommend calling advanced tech support. go to your options/security/firwal//enable/tex/contacts only. that will stop any tex message that does not have a number in your contact list. its a quick fix i found built in blackberry. hopefully that will get ya by,but please keep on calling! hopefully we get things sprint done at our speed and not thiers, its been two months for me to long!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

Thanks for the update.  I did try to block the messages as you suggested.  I will let you know if that works.  I did impliment the block though the sprint web site but it only slowed the messages to 1 an hour.  It did not eliminate them.  I will let you know if the firewall block works as a contaiment fix.

With respect,

Joseph M Huk, Jr., P.E.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hope it helps. heres some more tips for you to,go back to your firewall and look where you checked the box tex messages to the right it will tell you if any has been blocked if you dont see anything block yet go to visual voice mail and open it click menu and look for reconcilie now and click on it. go back to your firewall and you should see that one was blocked. if that happens you should be good to go. turn off your firewall when you want to see if its fixed just remember reconcile now to check it under visual voice mail. thats the only way i can tell if its fixed with out calling sprint. may patience be with us all

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another Blackberry Style '' 9016 Contract Killer'' victim, There is no one on Sprint with a decent answer, i read about a Sprint Tech here in the forum offering a solution if you contact her by private mesaage. Today i cant find her anymore.

The only solution until now is on Security Options, on Firewall, block all text messages except for the ones from your contact list, so you can say goodbye to anybody else text mesages.

All the forums on this topic have no REAL SOLUTION and I Know there is a lot people affected by this ISSUE so It will be AWESOME if we get some of the "Excelent Customer Service" that Sprint is known for.

My pin is 3274F75C I will be more than happy to get news for this.

David Ricaurte.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My 9670 has the same problem, what an upgrade

Message was edited by: 1MAGIQBIRD

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello all,

The 9016 code is a Visual voicemail error, so if your previous device was not capable of visual voicemail, you will more then likely receive these text messages, I have found that changing the NAI (data username) and updating the profile on the device has resolved the issue for some users.

You will need to contact a Sprint representitive to have the NAI changed, this cannot be done from the phone or sprint.com.

As this is my 1st post, please reply if you are willing to try this and let the community know if this hs resolved your issue

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat