ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out this conversation with a Sprint Rep about phone as modem. Clearly states "No Additional Fee for Phone as Modem"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check out this conversation with a Sprint Rep about phone as modem. Clearly states "No Additional Fee for Phone as Modem"

you have to check this out. the rep told me at first that it would cost an additional $15 to add "phone as a modem" with the everything plan. I told her I wanted to add the phone as a modem and change my plan to the everything plan, and upon completion as you can clearly see she said there is no additional charge for the phone as a modem. now Sprint wants to deny this and even though I was clearly mislead refuses to even allow me to cancel my contract without an early temination fee. How's that for custome service. So if any of you guys want to take them to court I have the proof we need.

Message was edited by: awjanes1

Message was edited by: awjanes1

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Check out this conversation with a Sprint Rep about phone as modem. Clearly states "No Additional Fee for Phone as Modem"

You might want to remove you phone number from that chat, There are those who will use it to start sending/signing you up for services that could cost you a lot of $$$$

Although the phone you have is capable it is not supported on any of the data plans, Did she start you on the shared plan as you requested?

Journeyman

Re: Check out this conversation with a Sprint Rep about phone as modem. Clearly states "No Additional Fee for Phone as Modem"

Thanks, phone number has been removed. you read the conversation you tell me what plan she gave me which included everything i ask for including the "Phone As A Modem"

Journeyman

Hey, this is nothing new from Sprint!!!   I went through almost the exact same thing when getting my 2 BB Curves 8330s.  I specifically asked at least 3 times if this plan would allow me to use my BB as a modem and be tethered to my laptop. I was told each time, that YES, with the everything data plans this would work.  Well a few days later, when I activated my phones and tried to tether, no luck. I read several forums, and called Sprint back.....was then told they were sorry, but I would need to 'downgrade' my plan to one that would allow tethering. Oh, and there is a 5g cap on that plan.

I have also been pointed to tetherberry for a solution, but noticed in the fine print that some carrier, will not allow access to their APN without a charge.

So, I guess I am stuck with the new 'NOT Everything Data' plan.

Journeyman

Blackberry.com has instructions how to do it. I have not tried it, I am on iDEN 2G. Most places I take my laptop, there is internet available for me to use.

Journeyman

Yes, you are correct, blackberry.com does have the instructions on how to tether, the problem is the 'NOT everything Data' plan will not allow this. You can buy additional s/w, but I am not sure it will work, if Sprint does not allow it.

Journeyman

Thanks for the additional info. I wasn't sure if it would work. I don't understand why if the phone is capable, especially paying for the "Simply Everything" plan that allows unlimited data... I guess that's why people are saying the Not Everything Data...lol Really, how much does it cost to do it? Nothing, it's paid for in the plan... I'm sure there's a loophole somewhere and way around it somehow, but I guess no one has figured it out...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat