cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrected - Software update for BB Tour is NOT available for download

Highlighted
Wizard

Corrected - Software update for BB Tour is NOT available for download

The software is indeed a beta version and has not been fully vetted by Sprint.

I am  closing  this thread and will open a new one when we have the official release.

I do not have all of the details yet, but there is a software update - version version 4.7.1.57 available for the Tour.

To download go to Options>Advanced options>Wireless Update

It has been reported to me that it takes about 30 minutes to complete the download.

I will update this post with a list of fixes once I get the official list, but can report that one person that downloaded sees improved trackball movement.

Message was edited by: SarahKS

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: Software update for BB Tour available for download

In which part of the country is this available?  I've checked my Tour in the NY area, and nothing is available yet.

Wizard

The person I spoke to is in the Kansas City area.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I downloaded the newest BlackBerry Tour Software about three days ago and I live in Western Washington.  Just go to Options>Advanced Options> (Scroll to bottom) Wireless Update>Next>Check for Updates.

I haven't seen any real big changes from the old OS and the new OS.  I wish it would have fixed some small web browsing issues, but other than that, it's good :-)  Still having an issue with the MySpace application, but that's not a Sprint issue; it is a MySpace issue.  I have been trying to contact MySpace and RIM to get it corrected with the newest verision of MySpace for BlackBerry...it's also happening on VzW.

Hope this helps!!!

Journeyman

SarahKS,

I followed your directions, and my Tour said there were no updates available.  Did the update get pulled already?

Richard

Richard,

It shouldn't have already been pulled.  I heard that it was a BETA at first, but since we have announced the update, it should no longer be considered BETA.  Have you tried to pull your battery and do a restart and then try?  Also if you press ALT + CAPS KEY + H it wil bring up a help menu it will show your s/w version..you quite possibly could already have the .57 pre-installed if you got your Tour recently.

Journeyman

I tried that, on both of our Tours, and neither one sees the update.  Nor does my neighbor next door who has the same phone. And our phones do NOT have that update preinstalled.  We have 4.7.1.77.  Any other way for us to get the update, download it from anywhere?

By the way, Sprint Tech Support has nothing about this update either, and it is not available for download from Blackberry or any where on Sprint's web sites.

Sounds like it was pulled or still in Beta to me.

Message was edited by: Richard1864

Quite odd!!  Maybe the download server for the update is down....or maybe RIM needs to repost it for Sprint users.....either way you will be able to download it shortly.  I checked www.sprint.com/downloads and the only thing that is listed is Sprint Smart View; not the s/w update yet.  Give it a day and try it again on the phone...if still unsuccessful check back on the website listed to see if it has been posted there yet.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better resolution at this time!

Journeyman

Troy,

It is very odd indeed.  It doesn't help that no one at Sprint Technical Support or Blackberry knows anything about the update either.

Do you, Sarah, or Wengla have any further news about it?

Richard

Wizard

Nope not yet.  I will post an update as soon as I get it.

Journeyman

Thanks, Sarah!  Will be looking for that update!

Also, will that be downloadable to the PC, so that Blackberry Desktop Manager will be able to properly install applications etc to our phones with that new OS please?  There could be issues with backing up the phone, installing apps, etc. if we can't download and install it to our PC's.

Richard

Journeyman

From reading other blogs, etc it appears only the BES customers are receiving the wireless upgrade.  Can you all confirm that is the case?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat