cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could we PLEASE get some information from the BB team?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Could we PLEASE get some information from the BB team?

I think everyone who reads this board, or any other cell phone forums that we all know that someone/somehow leaked out the Sprint 4.5 release. Can we get some word from Sprint on what the status of the 4.5 is and the status of the MMS resolution? We know that the 4.5 is actually getting worked on as evidence by this leak, is this an old build that got put out? Is this the final build that is being worked on? Is it even close to being released? How is the work on MMS coming? Any time frame on MMS?

Everyone just wants answers and we are getting none, now I see people getting posts modded or removed outright. I don't know what was said, or if it was allowed or not, but when people want answers then we start getting censored it just adds more fuel to the fires.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizard

I am waiting on a response from the BlackBerry team regarding the leaked software.

As far as your comment about censoring - we remove or edit posts that violoate clearly stated BAW policies. I do understand everyone's frustration and have borne the brunt of much of it. That does not make it ok to troll, flame or try to skirt the smut filter.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SarahKS wrote:

I am waiting on a response from the BlackBerry team regarding the leaked software.

As far as your comment about censoring - we remove or edit posts that violoate clearly stated BAW policies. I do understand everyone's frustration and have borne the brunt of much of it. That does not make it ok to troll, flame or try to skirt the smut filter.

I never try to skirt the smut filter, and I never troll, but I think some of the mods have a different definition of flaming than I do, or are applying it more liberally that they should.

When I point out facts, not personal opinions, but facts about Sprint and it's actions towards its customers, and BB users specifically, and they happen to cast a very bad light on Sprint, I don't think that should be edited. Of course it's flaming, I am making inflamatory statements trying to get a response from Sprint because as you have seen here in the past 4 months, asking nicely has not gotten us anywhere at all. But even though my statements are inflamatory and designed to try to get a rise out of someone, anyone who knows something, at Sprint, they are still true. They are statements of fact. Everything I have said can be backed up, so if Sprint doesn't like the light that casts them in, maybe they shouldn't have done those things. Maybe they should change. And the best first step towards that goal, would not be to censor the people who are pointing out their problems, but to respond and try to address their concerns, which is what it was stated this site was originally for.

Inflamatory or not, I speak the truth, and it only makes me angrier when my post gets edited. I've started taking screenshots every time I post something so I can send the consumerist a list of the things that are true that you aren't allowed to say on Sprint's site. It seems like it may be my last shot at getting something done. I've tried an executive email carpet bomb but it seems most of the executives have changed their emails so you can't reach them. Talking to CS does nothing, that is the complaint of half of the threads on this whole website. And this whole website shows that unless you own an Instinct you are only in Sprint's peripheral vision, if at all, so you aren't likely to get a response to any question or issue you may have. If Sprint takes away all of our avenues to address our concerns, ignores us, and censors us in the name of "flaming" on the site they claim they put up to improve communications between Corperate and Customer, what are we supposed to do then?

Screen shot taken, do your worst, censors.

PS - Sarah, sorry if you think I have directed anything negativeat you in particular. I, and most of us I think, really mean Dan H. every time we say something personal, and for the most part, we stay away from personal things and are talking about Sprint as a corperate entity when we say they lie and cheat us, etc. I don't mean you. I know you are just the messenger, so please don't take anything I say personally, inflamatory or otherwise, except when I say that I appreciate you putting up with us all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SarahKS wrote:

Like I said earlier, I don't know what was said or if it was allowed or not. I am sure you catch hell from a lot of people on here and I have never put anything up here as a personal attack on anyone, just my frustrations with the company as a whole on this particular issue. I have had many recent great experiences with CS reps both online and on the phone with other issues.

Just try to see our frustrations and side of the story when someone puts something up here, if it is against the rules, then so be it.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Actually, your email carpet bomb (or someones) got through and we've been having nice email conversations with C-level executives about what is going on.

Belive me, if we had anything we could tell you, we would.

Sarah is directly engaged with the BB team and the minute something is available, or any information changes, she'll be posting.

We understand your frustration - we're stuck too.  

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I sent a carpet bomb email last night. Got a generic response from 2 but nothing else so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tell me how and I will send one tonight also

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow. Isn't this nearly the 9th or 10th thread on this topic? I've lost count.

As this is an extremely popular topic, is there one we could sticky so we're not tracking 9 different threads?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SarahKS wrote:

And still no information about the leaked software?

Highlighted
Journeyman

correction... There's a thread somewhere around here that Sprint is aware of the leaked OS and has stated they rejected that build.

To lazy at the moment to go find it and post the link for it...

Message Edited by svc4you on 01-21-2009 10:37 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

It has been suggested again and again that the newest thread be stickied or locked to the top for easy viewing of the latest information and it hasn't been done yet.

Sarah replied with the latest spin in a couple threads, but it gets quickly lost with all the replies from others.

There needs to be one thread at the top that is stickied that the mods update with a date in the topic line so we know when it has been updated then they just edit their post and put the newest information in it whenever they get anything.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat