cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Voice dial

Highlighted
Journeyman

Curve Voice dial

I got a bb curve 2 days ago,sumhow the applications runs really slow,sumtime it crashed,just aint moving at all,example,if i press the voicedial button,it shows "Voice dial Initializing" but it just not moving for a very very long time until i turn it off...

this happens all the time...its pretty lame

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

@bbkanga0531 wrote:

I got a bb curve 2 days ago,sumhow the applications runs really slow,sumtime it crashed,just aint moving at all,example,if i press the voicedial button,it shows "Voice dial Initializing" but it just not moving for a very very long time until i turn it off...

this happens all the time...its pretty lame

I have the same problem. I hit the voicedial button on the side of the phone and it says "Initializing; please wait..." Sometimes it will have 0% on the screen, but will never move from there. I don't care that much since I probably will never use it, but it'd be nice if it worked. Anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Take the darn thing back...there's something wrong. My voice dialing worked pretty much out of the box. If a reset or battery pull doesn't set things back on track, it's time to visit the Sprint store again.

Journeyman

With the curve you need to make sure that you are closing down all your applications, if you leave apps running in the background you will experience slow performance overall with the phone.

I have had the same voice dial issues, but after looking more into the phone, these were always times when I was running multiple apps in the background. As stated above, pull the battery and once the phone is reset see if the same lag persists.

If you hit the menu key and select switch application, it will show you everything that is running in the background. I just did it with my curve and I am currently running 13 apps in the background. So without closing those apps there will be a little bit of a performance loss.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat