cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do any of the Blackberry Curve models use a SIM card and work with Boost.

Journeyman

Do any of the Blackberry Curve models use a SIM card and work with Boost.

I know that I had several friends who had 8330 Curves that used SIM - did they change them?  I'm talking about the regular old Blackberry Curve 8330.  Can someone please help me with this since Boost will not let my husband upgrade his phone with an 8330 Curve for Sprint.

3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Do any of the Blackberry Curve models use a SIM card and work with Boost.

The 8330 does not use a SIM card at all, Boost Mobile is a Nextel iDen pre-paid service, the 8330 is a Sprint CDMA device which cannot be used with Boost.

Journeyman

no longer sprint uses sim cards, use to be able to on older phones but sprint has caught onto that boost is boost and they are the only phones with sim cards to date and will stay that way. verizon, sprint, apple, are individual carriers, boost moble is there own carrier, what ever plan you go with that carrier you will use there own phone set of phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint didn't "catch on" to anything. Boost mobile is the Nextel Prepaid service, this is a fact, and Sprint is a CDMA carrier that does not require nor use SIM cards. The only devices Sprint uses that have SIM cards are "world edition" devices that allow roaming outside of the country on GSM carriers. Nextel's do and always have used SIM cards. Nextel and Boost devices are interchangeable with SIM kits that they sell.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.