Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email question...

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Email question...

I just got a new Blackberry Curve.  I am trying to figure out if I can check my internet email (hotmail) on my blackberry.  I set up the email using the email set up, but can not figure out how to send and receive email through the hotmail.  Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

you can always try sending yourself an email to test it out after you send the service books and get the alerts that they were send successfully and that your email address(es) were registered

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

when you are in the message application (the envelope) push the blackberry menu button (blackberry symbol) it should give you a menu, choose compose email.  If hotmail is the only email address set up, then it should be the one it chooses to use as your from address.  if not, you can click on the from and it will give you the choices of what email addresses you have set up and just choose hotmail.

then in the message section, do what you normally do....

hope this helps at least a little

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, if people email me to the hotmail acct. will they show up?  So far they are not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

they should, have you tried sending Service Books from your email setup application?

find your email setup icon (mail with a gear icon)

sign in

it should show the emails you have set up

scroll down to see the section Settings, Help, Exit, click on help

this brings you to a screen and you can click on send service books

this will register your email addresses with the blackberry network, and should allow for them to show up on your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

you can always try sending yourself an email to test it out after you send the service books and get the alerts that they were send successfully and that your email address(es) were registered

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since you've been so helpful, do you know how to change the icons that show up on my main screen?  I have 6 that show up, and would like to change them to something else.

Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Journeyman

to change the main icons, in the menu with all the icons, move to the icon you want as #1 and push the menu button, this will give you a menu, scroll down to move, and put it at the very top and first spot. you will do the same for #2-#5

you can only have 5 main icons on the home screen, as the last one (#6) is the icon for the blackberry menu button, which will bring up the list of all your applications...

you can arrange the icons this way, you can also add folders using the menu button as well to group things if you like, I did that with my google apps and games and a few other groups.

hope this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much for your help, it has been very useful  One last question for you....I am now trying to set songs that I have put on my blackberry as ringtones.  I figured out how to set a song as a regular ringtone, but I can't figure out how to put certain songs to specific contacts in my address book.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I  guess ill be of assistance here to   add a  custom ringtone go into you address  book select the  contact you want to  give a ringtone to   Click the menu button (Blackberry  icon)  then  select Edit . Once in there  click menu again and scroll down to "add custom ringtone"

If I can be of further assistance feel free to reply.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat