cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and update the software version on your BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone

Hi, Wifey and I are proud new owners of 2 BB Curve 8330's. I just went through dodwnload and installing the latest OS. The installer said everything went well and it was finished. However, when I check "Options", "About", it's still showing the original Version OS number. Wouldn't this change to the newly installed Version if I had in fact updated the Operating System?

TIA

otrpu

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Find and update the software version on your BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone

Hi again, I thought on it some. Decided this thing is a computer. . .and maybe I needed to re-boot the thing. So, I took the batter out, then replaced it and waited for it to come up. Still says v.4.5.0.131 like it did before I thought I installed the .175 upgrade.

THX again,

otrpu

Journeyman

Re: Find and update the software version on your BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone

well...i myself am a bb 8330 user and as far as i know the 4.5 os version is the newest official software. there is a 5.0 that everyones buzzing about but it hasnt been offically released so that may be your problem. I've been personally searching high and low on a way to get my hands on the 5.0 so far no luck! i do think its ridiculous though that all of us are feening for this update and the boost bb that was just released this month has it already! i call bullshit! especially since i just bought this phone this month from sprint which is boost also! anyone who has any news on the 5.0 issue let me know pleezzz!

Journeyman

Hi OTRPU,

There is an easier way of "booting" your BB.  Simply hold the alt+cap+del keys simultaneously and the phone will boot.  This will "usually" square away any issues with needing to boot your Curve.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat