cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix an issue when MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages are not received on your BlackBerry Curve 8350i

Journeyman

Fix an issue when MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages are not received on your BlackBerry Curve 8350i

have updated to the most recent and still having trouble getting video or pics

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Fix an issue when MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages are not received on your BlackBerry Curve 8350i

I see that this has been posted for a while and no responses. I am not sure if you have done reading in other posts, the answer is there somewhere... I had that problem for about 2 or 3 months. Luckily, I had a service center close to home with someone there that knew what they were doing... It depends on who you are getting the texts from; Verizon and Sprint have a communication problem at times; Nextel isn't all that up with technology for text... The only way I have been able to resolve the issue is to pull the battery every week. If you go into your menu when you receive a text that says content not received, there is an option to retrieve content. Sometimes I would go online into my account and get the texts... After pulling the battery every week, I haven't had that problem. By pulling the battery, it makes the phone reset and push content to receive the texts. The first time we did this in the store, I got a ton of texts. Hope this helps...

Journeyman

Re: Fix an issue when MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages are not received on your BlackBerry Curve 8350i

The software upgrade 4.6.1.128 was supposed to have fixed this issue. The known issues was the BB would just stop receiving messages. The user could send messages with no issues, but all the sudden may stop receiving MMS messages. If you are still having problems, I'll be more than happy to report this back to the product management group.
Journeyman

Thanks. I do have all the updates, thru the Desktop Manager, and I am on the notification list for all updates. I still have to pull my battery every week. I am waiting until after March to buy a new phone and go to CDMA instead of iDEN - I need the coverage area and I want 3G speed. I am also on the RIM Market Research for feedback on my BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

their is one more thing u can do beside take out ur batter all though u should do that anyway's with bb but sometime u need 2 reconnect with the sever and besides pulling out ur batter u can :

go 2 manage connections then 2 mobile network options then push the menu key and start provisioning that helps with alot of the network connections one of sprint operator told me about that and it works for alot ot net stuff

Journeyman

i just want to say the problem I'm having with my 8350i (nextel) is how do u e-mail mult of peoples on your phone list my old phone I could type one message and send it to mult of peoples on my phonebook am not sure what to do with this phone can anyone help me also sometime when i text it doesn't go thu i have to resend 4 or 5 times or re-boot the phone why is that

Journeyman

to send 1 email to several people? this is how it is done on my 8350i:

1) message icon; menu key; compose email

2) in the "to:" field, I type the first letter of the name, scroll thru my contacts, click on the contact I want

3) another "to:" field comes up, I repeat the process

and it will go on and on as long as I keep inputting email addresses in

to send 1 mms to several people? this is how it is done on my 8350i:

1) mms icon; menu key; compose mms

2) scroll thru contacts, select number to send, click on it

3) menu key; "add to:" click on it, it takes you back to contacts; repeat process 2

Delay in sending and receiving texts and emails has been an issue. There have been updates to fix the problem, and it has seemed to work for the most part. However, I still power off and pull my battery when I start having problems or after traveling and bouncing thru multiple towers.

Hope this helps.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat